Injury Report: Fabbri & Rasmussen COVID protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Zadina has no confidence in NHL. Let's send him down to get his confidence back. And keep him there to have confidence.

Calling Berggren up, would be just short stint to get NHL taste. Then go back down, when guys come back.
my guess is Raymond , Seider , Veleno is this season and Bergy fon next season . Anyway Hirose and Pearson deserved to call up

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know about pausing the season, but I'd say NHL participation in the Olympics is in danger. Especially if that 5 week quarantine in China is a possibility.
just for those 5 weeks no sense at all to go there

Reactions: FMichael

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It means he's having success and scoring now on top lines in the AHL. The concern is if he's getting less minutes and limited PP time against exponentially better competition it will ruin the flow of the season he's currently having - which is a positive flow.

I'm not saying I agree it's the right decision, I'm merely giving the reasoning. Let the kid keep having success and work on things. It could also be a kind way of them saying, "We don't think he's quite ready."

All that said, I'm anxious to see him in the NHL along with everyone else and I was hopeful we'd get to sooner than later. Oh well.
Agreed.

Honestly it's hard for me to decide which is more irksome. Blashill's reasoning on why he doesn't want to call him up, or Blashill calling him up and stapling him to the bench for all but 7 minutes of the game.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
just for those 5 weeks no sense at all to go there
something for NHL players/teams to consider is that they're at the mercy of China's protocol, or does the IOC get the nod? No way I'd subject myself to a potential 5wk. scenario (even as an ordinary citizen), much less a prof. athlete.

Also that 5wks. could turn in to whatever the heck they wanted it to turn in to (if they wanted to), just as 2wks=slow the spread/flatten the curve & yet here we are 2 yrs later. (1st c-19/R*na was found in Oct'19 in Wuhan).

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
At this point they’re probably going to pause the season.

Question: Does protocol mean infected or just exposed?
I haven't seen it explicitly spelled out, but it seems like we've deduced it means tested positive. If it were just exposed we would be seeing whole teams out at the same time all the time, as they are all exposed to each other

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Agreed.

Honestly it's hard for me to decide which is more irksome. Blashill's reasoning on why he doesn't want to call him up, or Blashill calling him up and stapling him to the bench for all but 7 minutes of the game.

We need more scorers, that's for sure. I'm just counting the days to when we get Vrana back.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
My question is how is it only Fabbri and Rasmussen when the whole team played a game together not even 24 hours ago. Evidently, somebody just those two encountered between end of game and 1PM.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
At this point they’re probably going to pause the season.

Question: Does protocol mean infected or just exposed?
Good question. I am guessing they were exposed individually outside of Wings activity. If they tested positive would not the entire team be exposed and games postponed? Confusion until clarification.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
something for NHL players/teams to consider is that they're at the mercy of China's protocol, or does the IOC get the nod? No way I'd subject myself to a potential 5wk. scenario (even as an ordinary citizen), much less a prof. athlete.

Also that 5wks. could turn in to whatever the heck they wanted it to turn in to (if they wanted to), just as 2wks=slow the spread/flatten the curve & yet here we are 2 yrs later. (1st c-19/R*na was found in Oct'19 in Wuhan).

They are subject to the law of China.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

And from what I understand - that time spent may not be in your swanky 5-Star hotel room...Good chance an athlete might end up in some clinic during that time...No thanks!

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
My question is how is it only Fabbri and Rasmussen when the whole team played a game together not even 24 hours ago. Evidently, somebody just those two encountered between end of game and 1PM.

Wearing jeans doesn't stop the smell of a fart, it just shields it a bit. Some smell it, others don't, some puke from the rancidness, others don't.

EDIT: The Flatulence Theory Variant 2.1

Last edited:
Reactions: golffuul

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
One word: vaccination

We just don't know. The new variants have different degrees of success breaking through vaccines. And then it depends what vaccine everyone got. And when. And how long since their booster (if they got a booster at all).

There's so many factors at play here that it's useless to speculate when we have a fraction of the puzzle needed to make an educated comment.

So I'd encourage folks not to speculate based on your own hunches.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Makes you wonder why they didn't do the taxi squad this season, at least a smaller version with only 3 players of any position. Teams are constantly shorthanded this season.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad