Injury Report: Fabbri & Rasmussen COVID protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
at this point, I can only laugh to mitigate the insanity of it all, ergo the D&D meme.

Get well soon (if you even have it)

Capture99.PNG

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It seems like more sick this year than last year . Hope it's not delta

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So the contract extension party was a bit too wild?:sarcasm:

Just kidding. If you actually got it, get well soon, guys. Otherwise, enjoy quarantine:laugh:

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

Doesn't want to throw off his confidence by getting promoted to the dream job, do well, force Yzerman to make a trade for better D or C depth and get better as a team. Ahh yes....I see the logic. Granted, if he Berggren doesn't adjust well (no proof of that obviously) and gets sent back down it could be a confidence blow. But why are we tending to the negative versus the positive. This feels more like stringing contracts along, as far as managing the Cap, since they figured that one of Berggren or Raymond would make the team out of camp at most.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not calling up, that he won't lose confidence? What a heck is that?

It means he's having success and scoring now on top lines in the AHL. The concern is if he's getting less minutes and limited PP time against exponentially better competition it will ruin the flow of the season he's currently having - which is a positive flow.

I'm not saying I agree it's the right decision, I'm merely giving the reasoning. Let the kid keep having success and work on things. It could also be a kind way of them saying, "We don't think he's quite ready."

All that said, I'm anxious to see him in the NHL along with everyone else and I was hopeful we'd get to sooner than later. Oh well.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Learning from mistakes I guess. You only have to look as far as Zadina.

Zadina has no confidence in NHL. Let's send him down to get his confidence back. And keep him there to have confidence.

Calling Berggren up, would be just short stint to get NHL taste. Then go back down, when guys come back.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Not calling up, that he won't lose confidence? What a heck is that?

If that's so, we should send Zadina to AHL.

If you call up Berggren, who is playing well in Grand Rapids, and he comes up and gets absolutely shelled, you run the risk of all of the confidence he built being destroyed. That logic isn't hard to piece together, whether or not you subscribe to it or not.

In Zadina's case, you're talking about a guy who is snakebit and already in a battle with confidence. Sending him down might create a bigger confidence problem if he starts to believe that he isn't good enough to do it in the NHL (which isn't true, because there's enough data to support that he's doing well at everything except the stat sheet).

Yzerman and Blashill are trying to not force people into situations that have the potential to negatively influence their confidence. It isn't an easy task.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Some iteration of the word "confidence" appears 44 times in the Zadina thread since it was bumped on Friday to discuss Zadina's struggles.

Blashill mentions keeping a player in the appropriate league that he is currently doing okay in and people want to hate on him for it. Love it.

Reactions: BSHH and Hinterland

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Doesn't want to throw off his confidence by getting promoted to the dream job, do well, force Yzerman to make a trade for better D or C depth and get better as a team. Ahh yes....I see the logic. Granted, if he Berggren doesn't adjust well (no proof of that obviously) and gets sent back down it could be a confidence blow. But why are we tending to the negative versus the positive. This feels more like stringing contracts along, as far as managing the Cap, since they figured that one of Berggren or Raymond would make the team out of camp at most.

The circular maze of Blash logic

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Zadina has no confidence in NHL. Let's send him down to get his confidence back. And keep him there to have confidence.

Calling Berggren up, would be just short stint to get NHL taste. Then go back down, when guys come back.

Let somebody else do the car rides between NHL and AHL and keep the top prospects in Grand Rapids where they can gain confidence, experience and play big minutes.

I guess they learned from past mistakes (Zadina) and want to do better with current and future prospects. Good to see.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If you call up Berggren, who is playing well in Grand Rapids, and he comes up and gets absolutely shelled, you run the risk of all of the confidence he built being destroyed. That logic isn't hard to piece together, whether or not you subscribe to it or not.

In Zadina's case, you're talking about a guy who is snakebit and already in a battle with confidence. Sending him down might create a bigger confidence problem if he starts to believe that he isn't good enough to do it in the NHL (which isn't true, because there's enough data to support that he's doing well at everything except the stat sheet).

Yzerman and Blashill are trying to not force people into situations that have the potential to negatively influence their confidence. It isn't an easy task.
I think most here understand the paradox, but Berg's a pro, not an 18-19yo kid. He knows what time it is so to speak & could likely handle it. If he did hypothetically "fail" his 1st debut & not recover, well that means he's too weak mentally & in which case may not be good enough anyway (right now, possibly LT).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad