FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.23 | post trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

Kessel would bring in a first round pick. Kadri would JVR would.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
Columbus is a good trading partner for their first round pick. The have a 1C in Johansen and developing Murray to be their 1D. They had a bad year of injuries but was an up and coming team just a year earlier pushing the Penguins to their limits in the playoffs.

How about a deal around Kessel for their pick to start discussions? What do the BJ fans think?
If they need a 2C then Kadri can go too, as a basis to the deal.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Columbus is a good trading partner for their first round pick. The have a 1C in Johansen and developing Murray to be their 1D. They had a bad year of injuries but was an up and coming team just a year earlier pushing the Penguins to their limits in the playoffs.

How about a deal around Kessel for their pick to start discussions? What do the BJ fans think?

i was with you until you threw in kadri.

I really want to target a top 10 pick as the main piece in a Kessel deal. A prospect too, but a guy like Wennberg does it for me.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

I highly doubt it, they got rid of Nash, why in the world would they want Kessel?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
i was with you until you threw in kadri.

I really want to target a top 10 pick as the main piece in a Kessel deal. A prospect too, but a guy like Wennberg does it for me.

I don't think Columbus gives up a top 6 pick for Kessel. I wouldn't. However a deal (for example) like a 1st in 2016, Wennberg/Rychel I'm on board with.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
I don't think Columbus gives up a top 6 pick for Kessel. I wouldn't. However a deal (for example) like a 1st in 2016, Wennberg/Rychel I'm on board with.

I would rather keep kessel than trade him for that. Jordan Staal got a better package.

I know kessel has been horrible recently but hes an elite player and has the track record to prove it.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Not good enough for Kessel.

If Colombus doesnt want to do the deal you move on to the next team... Any team in the top 10 is target able, not just the blue jackets... Some of those teams are pretty close and might be very tempted by adding Kessel to their current rosters.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
CLB 1st 2015 + Milano + Roster player, for Kessel. not really sure who they would be willing to move off there current roster so I don't want to speculate on that.

btw I realize it's different management now, but CBJ paid 8th Overall + Voracek(another top 10 pick) + 3rd for Jeff Carter, maybe they would value would be similar to that?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hard time seeing any of them happen, especially the one including Klingberg. Teeder's might work, not sure.

How so? I mean, it's a fair price. He'd be their best defenseman right now and would help them out a lot. They won't miss Dickinson; they've got plenty of depth in those areas. They may miss Ritchie or Garbutt and that 1st in 2016, depending on if you go with mine or Teeder's, but that's the price you have to pay for a top pairing defenseman.

Just look at it like this; they gave up Chiasson, Guptill, Paul and a 2nd in 2015 for Jason Spezza and a C prospect. Ottawa had no leverage on that deal and Spezza had was a UFA the next year, so he would have to be resigned... Turned into a contract similar to Phaneuf's anyways.

Phaneuf + Prospect >= Spezza + Karlsson
Ritchie/Garbutt < Chiasson
Dickinson < Paul
1st round pick 2016 >= Guptill + 2015 2nd

-I think it's fair to say that Phaneuf, at least, has the same value as Spezza did in that situation. Plus in my case, I add a prospect that would be more valuable than the one Ottawa included, so that should make up any minimal difference there is.
-Chiasson and Ritchie/Garbutt are similar players, but Chiasson was proven/younger.
-Paul beat out Dickinson for a WJC bid this year; Stars fans are having regrets moving Paul over Dickinson, whom had struggles similar to Verhaeghe this year.
-Guptill was a decently touted NCAA prospect, but it all depends on where that 1st is located. If it's in the 20's, it's equal.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I would do CBJ first + Wennberg + some player(s) for cap reasons for Kessel.

Johansen, Murray, Kessel, Foligno, Johnson, Bobrovsky would be a solid core for Colombus.

I would love to land one of Strome/Barzal/Marner and Provorov/Werenski in this draft. Wennberg and Nylander could be a solid duo for us too, I think a deal like that could really set us up nicely.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would do CBJ first + Wennberg + some player(s) for cap reasons for Kessel.

Johansen, Murray, Kessel, Foligno, Johnson, Bobrovsky would be a solid core for Colombus.

I would love to land one of Strome/Barzal/Marner and Provorov/Werenski in this draft. Wennberg and Nylander could be a solid duo for us too, I think a deal like that could really set us up nicely.

I don't even know what to expect with Kessel. He can go so many places for so many things. All I know is it's going to be a haul, including a top prospect/young roster player and a few high picks/prospects. At least that's what I expect.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I'm of a different opinion. I have a hard time seeing where he could go beyond one or two teams. Florida and Nashville.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm of a different opinion. I have a hard time seeing where he could go beyond one or two teams. Florida and Nashville.

There are often trades that you don't see coming and players are often available that you you don't expect. Neal/Hornqvist, Neal/Goligoski, etc.

There could be teams that want to move players that don't like the coach or aren't willing to stay in the city. (Kane)

So I think that it's important to keep your mind open, especially if teams fail in the playoffs or don't get there. 1 example that I can think of is the San Jose Sharks. If they fail to get in the playoffs, why wouldn't they try and move a guy like Pavelski or Couture to switch it up? I know the easy answer would be to ship out either of Thornton or Marleau first, but a new GM (when Wilson gets fired) could look to make a bold move. I'm not saying that it will happen, but I wouldn't count it out fully.

Also if I'm trading Kessel, I'm getting a good young centreman, multiple picks and a prospect.

My ideal trade would be Kessel to Colorado for O'Rielly, 1st round pick (under 10), 2nd in 2016, B prospect. I'm asking for tons for him.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Not good enough for Kessel.

If Colombus doesnt want to do the deal you move on to the next team... Any team in the top 10 is target able, not just the blue jackets... Some of those teams are pretty close and might be very tempted by adding Kessel to their current rosters.

That's 3 1st round picks. Not sure what people are expecting but I think some might be disappointed.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
There are often trades that you don't see coming and players are often available that you you don't expect. Neal/Hornqvist, Neal/Goligoski, etc.

There could be teams that want to move players that don't like the coach or aren't willing to stay in the city. (Kane)

So I think that it's important to keep your mind open, especially if teams fail in the playoffs or don't get there. 1 example that I can think of is the San Jose Sharks. If they fail to get in the playoffs, why wouldn't they try and move a guy like Pavelski or Couture to switch it up? I know the easy answer would be to ship out either of Thornton or Marleau first, but a new GM (when Wilson gets fired) could look to make a bold move. I'm not saying that it will happen, but I wouldn't count it out fully.

Also if I'm trading Kessel, I'm getting a good young centreman, multiple picks and a prospect.

My ideal trade would be Kessel to Colorado for O'Rielly, 1st round pick (under 10), 2nd in 2016, B prospect. I'm asking for tons for him.
ROR and their 1st for Kessel? Done, but i dont think they will want Kessel but maybe they will try and be a pure speed run and gun team.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
That's 3 1st round picks. Not sure what people are expecting but I think some might be disappointed.
how is 2015 1st and Wennberg 3 1st round picks?

Im just saying we should target any team in the top 12 to give up their 1st plus a prospect plus possibly a cap dump for Kessel.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
how is 2015 1st and Wennberg 3 1st round picks?

Im just saying we should target any team in the top 12 to give up their 1st plus a prospect plus possibly a cap dump for Kessel.

How? Read my post. A 1st round pick in 16 is a 1st round pick. That's 1.
Wennberg (drafted 14th overall in 2013) that's 2.
Rychel (drafted 19th overall in 2013) that's 3.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
We need to use Kessel to get another top 10 1st rounder. This year. Along with a top prospect like Leipsic or a Ritchie.

1 pick not enough in the top 15 at least.

How about one of Strome/Marner add one of Barzal/Provorov/Zacha/Werenski/Crouse/Rantanen and our late 1st to start the rebuild with.

If they pick right it won't take that long.

After all, the better picks always come into the NHL earlier no matter who picked them because the are more ready.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
People need to temper their expectations of getting all kinds of high-end assets. For instance:

Florida: 1st, 2nd (2016) and Trochek
Columbus: 1st, Jenner/Bjorkstrand and Bourque (cap dump)
Nashville: Jones straight up (for this to happen, likely Franson re-signs there and Nashville has all kinds of issues scoring goals in the post-season)

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I dont see much interest from Columbus for Kessel. He does not fit in. JVR would be perfect for them or even Lupul but not Phil. It is not about talent, it is about style etc.

Islanders, Florida, Nashville, Montreal and San Jose are the teams who will show interest imo.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I dont see much interest from Columbus for Kessel. He does not fit in. JVR would be perfect for them or even Lupul but not Phil. It is not about talent, it is about style etc.

Islanders, Florida, Nashville, Montreal and San Jose are the teams who will show interest imo.

i would not count the ducks out either.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
What are you expecting to get from those teams? Not asking to be an ass, genuinely curious.

Not sure. I know what I want from each. One team (Fla) would likely rather move picks and players on the team Kulikov, Pirri, Trochek ect then any of their high end young players, while Nashville would probably rather move prospects. I want Jones, but I see them trying to move Ekholm, Wilson ect instead

I imagine there are other teams, i just can't wrap my head around who they are. 8m is a lot of money, and a lot of teams who might be able to use him don't have it/need something else more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad