FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.23 | post trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
With Yandle @ 50% and John Moore going the other way I'd assume they are only taking on about 1-1.5M extra cap. I don't know the contract situations though.

They have St. Louis, Zuccarello,Stempniak as UFA this year, Stepan, Hagelin, J.T.Miller, Fast and Lindberg as RFA.

It's gonna be tough for them, I don't think they have space for any new player, but they can keep most of the guys on their team, especially if Zuccs raise will be just from 3,5M to 4,5M.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
You can't always be looking to the future.

That is true but the Rangers haven't had a 1st round pick for 4 years (by the end of the 2016 draft) which will be scary sooner or later. There core isn't young and they clearly are going all out but they don't got anything to fall back on in the future.

I see a Leafs esque mediocre period soon. Not as long though.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Anyone can rebuild. It takes real talent to stay mediocre/bad.

real talent is fooling an entire fan base into thinking a really bad team is a bubble playoff team, year after year after year.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Coyotes still have Michalek to trade, should get a pretty good return for him too. I would be expecting they'd be looking for a defensemen for him.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Ridiculous overpayment by the Rags considering Yandle's age and the term left on his contract. He is going to be a UFA at the end of next season and they won't have enough cap space to keep him.

This gives me hope regarding the package we can expect in return for Phaneuf either now, or in the off season.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Hopefully something Leafs-related is brewing!

I'd love to see Dion traded so that this team can't be like "LOL JK NO REBUILD". Let's trade Dion, and keep our top-4 pick set in stone, and try to get lower.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Seeing the Rangers trading away their 1st round picks in 2013, 2014, 2015 (that was condition on them making the Conference Finals last season) and now 2016 reminds of all the times the Leafs would do that. I realize they are still a contender in the Eastern Conference and made the Finals last year, however if this was Toronto doing the same thing our media would go crazy saying how bad they were for doing that.

Shwaguy*

Holy ****, we're gonna bring in a ****ing haul with Kessel.

Seeing this makes me wanna consider at least retaining a little on Dion.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Holy ****, we're gonna bring in a ****ing haul with Kessel.

Seeing this makes me wanna consider at least retaining a little on Dion.

If retaining some salary on Dion can get that kind of return, I without a doubt would do that.

Holy crap what a haul for the Coyotes

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
not only did arizona get a great haul for yandle, they also improved their tank for the remaining games this year. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad