Dallas stars selects with 2nd pick...

• else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
NHL tonight went with Tkachuk, the "safe pick" because of his NHL lineage who could be in the NHL right away because he learns the right way to play by osmosis.

Nill would pick the Russian, I am sure.

Reactions: joshik

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I personally have them ranked:
Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk

But I need to watch Svechnikov and Zadina more to make a better educated comparison. From what I read and briefly watched of them, Svechnikov is more dynamic offensively than Zadina, but Zadina is the better two-way player and more disciplined. Tkachuk is good but not as dynamic as those two.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It's worth noting that Brady Tkachuk shouldn't even be mentioned amongst the likes of Andrei Svechnikov and Filip Zadina.

If you want to try to add another player into that tier, you better add Oliver Wahlstrom.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Oh, to dream.

Seriously, who all can we expect to be around in the early teens?
I agree, i think winning the lottery and drafting Heiskanen last year has given us unrealistic hope, but it isn't impossible.
The realistic prospect I want the Stars to draft in the teens is Joe Veleno. Two way speedy center with offensive ability and high hockey IQ. He was once over-hyped as he was one of a few elite players to be granted exceptional player status but now he is undervalued. Won't become a superstar but likely a good 2nd line center in the NHL.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Tkachuk shouldn't be close to these two in my opinion. I think Svechnikov is the second best player this draft by a fair margin

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I dont think Tkachuck is even close to the top 2 wingers. Personally I think the only one who is near them is Wahlstrom and I think he will be underrated in this draft for a while. Dude scores like a boss and just skates through people.

That being said for this poll give me Zadina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad