F Tij Iginla - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2024 NHL Draft)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought Tij showed well. He had his looks. PG is an absolute powerhouse and Ravensbergen has been unbeatable behind them

It’s over. 4-1 for the Cougars
Me too. I thought he looked good. PG just has too much.

When I was 18 in highschool, I was 6’2”. I grew nearly 2 inches in college. Suffice to say, everyones genetics are different for growth. Some people’s bodies are in their prime in their early 20’s, some in their mid 30’s.
And some at 15-16.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think he'd look good next to Bedard, he or Eiserman is just what Chicago could use for their future.
I'd love Tij in Chicago.

A lot of their young players (Bedard, Nazar, etc) share that same drive. I think Tij would fit in so well with the core group they're building.

Reactions: Valeson81

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he’s a potential top 10 pick, shouldn’t he be doing better than tied 14th best in scoring at the U18’s?

I know it’s only two games, but he should be dominating this tournament if he’s as good as some think he is. There might not be another top 10 pick in 2024 at this tournament.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If he’s a potential top 10 pick, shouldn’t he be doing better than tied 14th best in scoring at the U18’s?

I know it’s only two games, but he should be dominating this tournament if he’s as good as some think he is. There might not be another top 10 pick in 2024 at this tournament.
Why not wait for the tournament to end before talking about points total?

Watching him closer to the semi-final and final, will be more important to evaluate him. Not just the points but his game and if he’s able to score important goals.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why not wait for the tournament to end before talking about points total?

Watching him closer to the semi-final and final, will be more important to evaluate him. Not just the points but his game and if he’s able to score important goals.
Can we not talk about what’s happening during the tournament? We’re talking about a level playing field. He’s played the same amount of games as the other players.

Slow start.

Reactions: Habs7631

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
He doesn't need to be ''defended''.

but yeah, let's judge him and his tournament after 2 games. It's more logical.
More logical than giving qualities he doesn't have simply because of his last name. You wouldn't defend x player like this if his last name was Catton. Kinda hypocrite.

1714261441568.png

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You mean being fifth in the WHL for a first time draft eligible in PPG?

There’s a theme here that he doesn’t seem to produce like a top 5 or 10 pick and yet we are supposed to still believe he is for unclear reasons.
The hate is crazy.

I've seen more growth in Iginla's game over the course of the season than anyone else in this draft class.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with numbers.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
The hate is crazy.

I've seen more growth in Iginla's game over the course of the season than anyone else in this draft class.

Acting like you've watched Kelowna or any other top prospect team's consistently as if you are a pro scout or something is crazy. You've watched 5 minutes highlight tapes and parroting what you've heard. Big difference.

Reactions: Habs7631

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The hate is crazy.

Tell me what other forwards are drafted top 5 or 10 based off of things other than offense.

What is the reason for that with Iginla other than nostalgia for his father?

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Can we not talk about what’s happening during the tournament? We’re talking about a level playing field. He’s played the same amount of games as the other players.

Slow start.
He played really well yesterday, and putting up points in a tournament like this basically comes down to who's on the half-walls of the 1st PP unit and can beat up on weak opponents.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Acting like you've watched Kelowna or any other top prospect team's consistently as if you are a pro scout or something is crazy. You've watched 5 minutes highlight tapes and parroting what you've heard. Big difference.
There are all full game videos online. If you dont want to spend money - there are free broadcasts sites. And about 6 shift by shift videos at least. Its normal sample size to watch and build opinion.
Iginla has some issues to critique him on objective basis.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad