F Teuvo Teräväinen (2012, 18th overall, Chicago) ‎II

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Truly amazing how much attention TT gets when other prospects are more deserving.

What? Lol this is the third post about him in a month. I think a lot of people are probably interested on his progression whether its good or bad. He was a star last year and showed a lot of promise.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Considering there were some threads on the main boards that were started by Hawks fans and bashed Richards it's not weird that he thinks like that. I bet that you are the miniority on that board.

I bet he isn't. A lot of people have changed their minds on him over the last 10+ games. He had a terrible start to his Hawk career, but has been pretty good since then. (9pts in 10 games I think).

Most want to see him stick as the #2C, so I bet those who say Richards has been awful are now in the minority.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
But on topic: has anyone seen TT play recently? How has he looked?

The last game TT played was Sunday. He was dominant and clearly the best player on the ice in that one. His two primary assists made the goals happen on those plays and he created a lot of other good opportunities but the Texas goalie made a lot of good stops against the IceHogs to keep them in it.

Watching the progression of him so far this season from the various IceHogs games I have tuned in to... he got off to a slow start and did not appear that special in earlier games and McNeill was the star forward for the IceHogs above TT. But TT has come on better the last few games and especially stepped up his game with McNeill hurt for the last couple games and like I said... that last game he was dominant IMO. Hope he can build on that performance.

Not sure if he just is a perpetual slow starter or needed time to adjust to the current roster and system or just got extra motivated to step up his play as spots are now opening up in Chicago for guys to move up with injuries. But just hope the progression and development continues.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
From an ESPN Chicago article on a frustrated Teravainen:
Not being in the NHL is part of Teravainen’s frustration, but another part is the style of most AHL games. Teravainen thrives on puck possession and offensive skill, and the AHL isn’t always the best canvas for that.

The Blackhawks aren’t looking to change Teravainen’s game, but they have been trying to get him to adapt.

“He’s just trying to find his way, a little inconsistent maybe,†IceHogs coach Ted Dent said. “I think he would be the first to tell you he wants to play better. He wants to be better. He wants to have the puck more. He’s just going to have to learn, you know, at this level you have to go and get it. You have to battle hard in the tough areas to get the puck. It’s not a perimeter game. You have to play between the dots at times and you have to go to the net as well.â€

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
This is such a ridiculous article. :laugh:

Oh no! A just turned 20 year old is in the AHL! What a crime! :sarcasm:

Pirri was cast out for the same crime last year. The Hawks will probably be more patient with Teuvo, but whining isn't looked upon kindly in this organization.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Pirri was cast out for the same crime last year. The Hawks will probably be more patient with Teuvo, but whining isn't looked upon kindly in this organization.

More like disappointment in his own play so far...Also, Hawks really botched bringing him over last year....Give him 50 games & see what happens.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
What? Lol this is the third post about him in a month. I think a lot of people are probably interested on his progression whether its good or bad. He was a star last year and showed a lot of promise.

Just got sent down to Ahl.
I know he's still young but with the raw talent he posses you hope for more.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I am stoked.

XSIUUlO.gif

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Considering there were some threads on the main boards that were started by Hawks fans and bashed Richards it's not weird that he thinks like that. I bet that you are the miniority on that board.

He's not. Richards started slow but he's been perfectly fine.

Anyway yay Teuvo : D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad