F Teuvo Teräväinen (2012, 18th overall, Chicago) ‎II

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
The Lightning have a better prospect, as well as a few teams.

Well i think that Drouin is better prospect than Teuvo but it's not by far. Teuvo was one of the youngest players for 2012 draft and if he was born less than week later he would been 2013 draft prospect. At WJC Teuvo dominated in less talented team and outplayed Drouin by a mile. Teuvo was dominating FEL after that against men and played 3 NHL games.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Well i think that Drouin is better prospect than Teuvo but it's not by far. Teuvo was one of the youngest players for 2012 draft and if he was born less than week later he would been 2013 draft prospect. At WJC Teuvo dominated in less talented team and outplayed Drouin by a mile. Teuvo was dominating FEL after that against men and played 3 NHL games.

WJC doesn't mean much. Drouin outplayed MacKinnon, but no one would say that Terevainen will be better than MacKinnon.

IMO Drouin could have easily played last year and would have challenged MacKinnon for the Calder. He would have never taken two years to be a full-time NHLer like Terevainen has.

I think Drouin is better personally, and you agree, but not by far. The post I was quoting though said that Terevainen is probably the best prospect, and that simply isn't true.

There's also 2014 guys like Sam Bennett that could give him a run for his money, though it's too early to say there.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
To me that's very debatable.

I think Drouin gets underrated by people who are annoyed by the hype he receives. But he's deserving of all the hype. He's an incredible offensive player and I can't wait to see him prove his doubters wrong this year. I'm sure that he's going to.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

And how did he do during those three games? Not overly impressive, no?

It will be interesting to see when Teravainen and Drouin play in the NHL this season - if Teravainen tears up the AHL (or maybe even starts playing with the Blackhawks?) and Richards doesn't look too good, Teravainen. If Drouin gets healthy and looks ready to go, Drouin.

Both are prospects that still need to show that they are NHL ready. I think Teravainen is closer, but both need to repeat those pretty moves against NHL teams.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Teuvo's second goal of the year.

Is it just me or does he look really relieved to score? He hasn't done that great as was expected, I mean. I can imagine him feeling the pressure to do better.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Teuvo's second goal of the year.

Is it just me or does he look really relieved to score? He hasn't done that great as was expected, I mean. I can imagine him feeling the pressure to do better.

Great view of the guy standing in the penalty box while play is still going. Grade A production

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
In Chicago? And that's the answer to your unwritten question.

No one ever mentioned the ability of Forsberg and to me Drouin and Gaudreau have higher ceilings.
Gaudreau is all over. Publicity galore but Drouin seems to fly under the radar.
Imo TT should already be in the NHL. He was drafted earlier than the aforementioned and has shown tremendous physical skill.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Teräväinen has all the offensive ability in the world and dominated WJC. To add to the agony Brad Richards who was brought into ease Teuvos arrival to NHL level has been crap. Just little bit more time and patience and he will be good at NHL.

Some of Teuvos highlights just from this preseason tells all about the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad