F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft) Part 2

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Man, all the Wright puns are tiring now.

Its like seeing someone call the Prime Minister Tru-dump and thinking they are clever.

I hope the Montreal reporters don't do this or Wright is going to request a trade after a couple months.

"hey Wright do you feel like the reason you won this game was because you played the WRIGHT way?"
For Habs fans, its our god given Wright to pen a pun.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The scouts in the nhl black book think Shane Wright is overrated and some of them literally say the only reason Montreal is going to take them is because they have a first year GM and the draft is in Montreal..... They feel "pressured" to.... Damn.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The scouts in the nhl black book think Shane Wright is overrated and some of them literally say the only reason Montreal is going to take them is because they have a first year GM and the draft is in Montreal..... They feel "pressured" to.... Damn.

Are they anonymous scouts, by chance?

All the negativity towards Wright will be a good thing for him and Habs. It lowers expectations and gives him ample motivation to prove the detractors wrong. Either way it doesn't matter after Hughes selects him 1st overall at the draft.

I doubt it will matter as soon as they draft him (assuming they do!) the naysayers will start claiming anything short of a superstar is a disappointment lol

Reactions: viceroy and 1909

Jul 6, 2016
That's what I always thought. Any team getting 1 OA must draft Wright.

Reactions: Rob Sense

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
1657291373704.jpeg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I can’t help but see a throuhline between the Alexis Lafreniere pick in 2020 and his slow development over the past couple of seasons and Wright falling on draft day as somehow connected.

Some years you just get these incumbent CHL first overall front runners who are almost unquestioned. Feels like a vote of non confidence in the Canadian developmental system and hype-information machine.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Been watching him closely and he really hasn’t impressed me much at all at the WJS. Wright doesn’t have any defining offensive game breaking skill set that sets him apart.

Not saying he won’t be a good NHLer. Still think he can be a good 65-70 point centre with good two way play but there’s a reason he “fell” to 4 and I fully see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad