F Ryder Ritchie - Prince Albert Raiders, WHL (2024 Draft)

nzinner

Mar 17, 2023
He’s done alright recently. But gosh it makes me mad, another son of a NHL’er. Hockey has become nothing but nepotism. The sons of NHLers who have access to all the academies and special training and special connections . Ryder is a spoiled brat. Can’t help but root against him and hope he gets knocked out. Those spoiled kids need some adversity.
Man you couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s an unreal kid. Hard work got him where he is and he’s extremely motivated.

Reactions: wetcoast

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Man you couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s an unreal kid. Hard work got him where he is and he’s extremely motivated.
I wasn't saying that Ryder and other son's of former NHLers never work, but you can't deny that they get the opportunities they do isn't because of nepotism. The connects Dad has in the hockey world, the access to the training and development camps. There's no way he'd be where he is if he wasn't the son of a former NHLer.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
I wasn't saying that Ryder and other son's of former NHLers never work, but you can't deny that they get the opportunities they do isn't because of nepotism. The connects Dad has in the hockey world, the access to the training and development camps. There's no way he'd be where he is if he wasn't the son of a former NHLer.
Lol is it or is it not nepotism? Probably look up what that word means before you answer.

Hilarious, absolutely hilarious that you think, a 16 year old who put up 55 points in 61 games, who just won rookie of the year, first time being under ppg according to EP( Ryder Ritchie at eliteprospects.com ).

Would be nowhere if he wasnt the son of a former NHLer? let me guess Matt and Brady would be working at pizza hut if their dad never played? how come every player isnt the son of a former player?

You know where i hear this argument the most? from parents who's kid is supposed to be mcdavid. Give your head a shake dad.

Reactions: wetcoast

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Lol is it or is it not nepotism? Probably look up what that word means before you answer.

Hilarious, absolutely hilarious that you think, a 16 year old who put up 55 points in 61 games, who just won rookie of the year, first time being under ppg according to EP( Ryder Ritchie at eliteprospects.com ).

Would be nowhere if he wasnt the son of a former NHLer? let me guess Matt and Brady would be working at pizza hut if their dad never played? how come every player isnt the son of a former player?

You know where i hear this argument the most? from parents who's kid is supposed to be mcdavid. Give your head a shake dad.

It's not complicated. It is nepotism and you're argument is ridiculous if you're suggesting that for the vast majority of son's of NHLers that they don't have advantages and get to where ever they get to mainly bc of their Dad's.

Hundreds of thousands of 16 year olds wannabe hockey players work hard. And get no where or don't have the talent for the next level. But if Dad is a former NHLer who is buddies with the scouts and coaches and sends kid to every hockey academy, the silver spooned son gets there because of dad.

Oh very good, yes Matthew and Brady Tkachuk are good enough to make it to the NHL (but yes they had advantages bc dad was a multi millionaire and well connected. You could have also used Brett Hull as an example. Because that TOTALLY was my argument that there never has been a genuinely talented son of a NHLer [/scarcasm off]

Now do the thousands of sons of NHLers who get drafted undeservingly just bc former player dad is well connected and buddies with the scouts or gm or coach.
Every year more and more "prospects" who are getting opportunities are sons of NHLers. You're blind or ignorant if you don't make the connection.

Ryder would not have been given a chance to play on that team or as much as he did if his dad hadn't played in the NHL and knows a lot of ppl in the hockey world.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's not complicated. It is nepotism and you're argument is ridiculous if you're suggesting that for the vast majority of son's of NHLers that they don't have advantages and get to where ever they get to mainly bc of their Dad's.

Hundreds of thousands of 16 year olds wannabe hockey players work hard. And get no where or don't have the talent for the next level. But if Dad is a former NHLer who is buddies with the scouts and coaches and sends kid to every hockey academy, the silver spooned son gets there because of dad.

Oh very good, yes Matthew and Brady Tkachuk are good enough to make it to the NHL (but yes they had advantages bc dad was a multi millionaire and well connected. You could have also used Brett Hull as an example. Because that TOTALLY was my argument that there never has been a genuinely talented son of a NHLer [/scarcasm off]

Now do the thousands of sons of NHLers who get drafted undeservingly just bc former player dad is well connected and buddies with the scouts or gm or coach.
Every year more and more "prospects" who are getting opportunities are sons of NHLers. You're blind or ignorant if you don't make the connection.

Ryder would not have been given a chance to play on that team or as much as he did if his dad hadn't played in the NHL and knows a lot of ppl in the hockey world.
I really think that you need to look up what nepotism really is.

Sure some of these kids are given OPPORTUNITIES but they still have to work extremely hard at it and lots of the kids with NHL dads never make it either so just drop the nepotism psychobabble it doesn't apply here.

BTW the kid can really snipe.

Reactions: Dallasman

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Quiet in game 1, was a lot more dangerous game 2. Would say a more 2/3 round profile as of right now.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Quiet in game 1, was a lot more dangerous game 2. Would say a more 2/3 round profile as of right now.
I think he has a decent chance to be a top 20 pick. Has size and can skate. If you're looking for a goal scorer, he's one the better options after Eiserman.

Agree he was a non factor against Finland but easily could have had 5+ goals yesterday. 3 goals, nailed the crossbar and missed a tap in.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think he has a decent chance to be a top 20 pick. Has size and can skate. If you're looking for a goal scorer, he's one the better options after Eiserman.

Agree he was a non factor against Finland but easily could have had 5+ goals yesterday. 3 goals, nailed the crossbar and missed a tap in.

Great again today - August observations can change quick, eh?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Had a nice assist the night before too,

Carried the puck down from the point on the PP, went around the net & as he got behind threw a pass back infront from the side he came, catching the defenseman off guard. Great awareness.

His poise with the puck is impressive, he doesn't panic with it on his stick even on traffic. And as much as he has a great shot his playmaking is superb aswell, looks like he's always surveying his options.

Really talented offensive player.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad