F Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, QMJHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Head Scouts were asked about Tkachuk's production being inflated. They all said that it's bull. Tkachuk drives the play of the line just as much as Marner.
If the people whose jobs are to watch these kids every day don't think it's a problem, why should HF stat watchers?
Where did these head scouts you talk of say this? Marner (and Dvorak) have more points, played less games, and have way less of their point totals attributed to 2nd assists. I've seen a lot of the Knights this year, Tkachuk plays a key role on that line, but remember Marner put up 2 points a game last year when he often played with Dvorak and they had Rupert in the Tkachuk role. Now, Tkachuk is way better on that line than Max Domi was, but again, that line dominated when they had Matt Rupert as their LW.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If that's the case, why is someone that has 1st overall pick production numbers projected to go 4th-5th overall instead?

prefer Tkachuk that said if the Canucks end up with Dubois, consider it a steal also for Vancouver. Either player will work out for them, I just like Tkachuks strength on the puck, and puck possession skills more.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Tkachuk and Dubois are a wash, can't go wrong with either one of them. Versatile players with size and skill will always be coveted.

I don't think either is ready for the NHL next year, but Dubois might be the closer of the two.

IF Dubois is a center moving forward, he'll get the nod over Tkachuk for me.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This kid is a beauty too. I have him or tkachuk as futue Canucks. Both will be warrior types of players that is needed to win a Stanley cup.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
In pretty excited about either Tkachuk or Dubois, both the nucks and whatever team the Oilers trade the pick to are getting great players.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think this is going to be our player...... Tkachuk is going 4th to whoever.

will be extremely happy to have him. Great consolation prize for not getting in the top 3.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
he plays like a Canadian Puljujärvi.

He said he wants to be drafted by the Nucks :yo:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
he plays like a Canadian Puljujärvi.

He said he wants to be drafted by the Nucks :yo:

He has with 100% certainty not said it in quite the way you've implied. He said it would be cool to be drafted by a Canadian team like Vancouer, or something to that effect. Not that he specifically has hopes that Vancouver out of all the teams will draft him.

Captain Serious

Aug 20, 2010
One of the more impressive highlight reel I have seen from any player over a year let alone a draft prospect.

It's insane yeah. He's getting a lot of hype but there are still many scouts that point out flaws in his skating but I think he's actually a very good skater for his size with a great motor.

Just something to look at:

Nolan Patrick, the consensus first overall pick for next year as of today, is 17.65 years old and Dubois is 17.89 years old. Dubois is also outscoring him points per game wise, albeit in the the QMJHL which is known as having slightly worse defensive play.

I think without a "big three" in this draft, Dubois gets a lot more attention. Him and Tkachuk are spectacular players for 4th and 5th overall picks.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I was curious of how much experience PLD has at C. How much has he played C for over the past 3 seasons?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
he's a Canuck on draft day if Oilers pick Tkachuk, love the fact he is still so young and carried his team.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
he's a Canuck on draft day if Oilers pick Tkachuk, love the fact he is still so young and carried his team.

last time we drafted in the top 5 was 16 years ago. those player(s) turned out pretty well.

finally on the good side of a drop off. It's a win win whoever we pick.

but it's looking like Pierre Luc Dubois will be the latest 1st rounder by the Vancouver Canucks. I can't see Tkachuk going down to 4th. I just can't.

Canucks chose Dubois at 5, = obvious choice, as obvious as Puljujurvi at number 3. Awesome pick

Canucks chose Tkachuk at 5= steal at 5.

win/win.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
last time we drafted in the top 5 was 16 years ago. those player(s) turned out pretty well.

finally on the good side of a drop off. It's a win win whoever we pick.

but it's looking like Pierre Luc Dubois will be the latest 1st rounder by the Vancouver Canucks. I can't see Tkachuk going down to 4th. I just can't.

Canucks chose Dubois at 5, = obvious choice, as obvious as number 3. Awesome pick

Canucks chose Tkachuk at 5= steal at 5 also.

I'm 95% sure that Benning will pick either or, so it's nice not having to worry too much. We're not going to be regretting our pick really if we pick either Dubois or Tkachuk. Either of them are fantastic value at #5.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Is this a real question??
Have you heard of Matthews, Laine, and Puljujarvi?

Don't forget that Dubois/Tkachuk are top 2 ranked north american skaters.
This year is an anomaly in that the top 3 players are all elite Euros.

In an average draft, Dubois/Tkachuk would be competing for first or second overall.

I'd say in a weak draft rather than an "average" one. The only recent drafts (past 5-6 years) I can think of where these two would compare as prospects to the top two would be 2012 and possibly 2014 (and no, Ekblad wasn't considered franchise calibre going into the draft before anyone gets on my case about him).

Captain Serious

Aug 20, 2010
Found this video and thought it was interesting. Shows that Dubois is deceptively fast, especially for his size.

For straight line speed without the puck he skated a 4.061 (second half of the video around 13 minutes, when team Orr takes the ice). Compare that to Tkachuk who had 4.584, Pascal Laberge who had 4.167, or Jake Bean who had 4.127 and I think any skating concerns can easily be put to rest. After the top three, he is easily the most well rounded player in this draft (Tkachuk may have better hands and be smarter in front of the net but his skating holds him back in my opinion).

Kyrou had a 3.926 and Chychrun had a 3.977 so some of the people beating Dubois aren't too slow either (He finished 6th or 7th overall for speed between the two top prospect teams).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad