F Niko Huuhtanen - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 224th, TBL)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
ATO with the Syracuse Crunch for the 18 year old.

Congrats!

------

42 goals
45 assists
87 points
+26
1.26 ppg
95 penalty minutes
252 shots on goal

In his only major junior season, in the WHL/CHL (as of now)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
First game was a... wouldn't say horrible
but...

His skating and how he played
was nothing what he was capable
to do last season in the WHL.

sure he had few hits, but nothing more.

Second game, scored a nice goal.
(actually missed his game 2, so can't say
how much he improved his game or not)

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Huuhtanen was very close to going undrafted in 2021. If he had gone undrafted in 2021, where do you think he would have been drafted in 2022 draft?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Huuhtanen was very close to going undrafted in 2021. If he had gone undrafted in 2021, where do you think he would have been drafted in 2022 draft?

Chinakhov and Borgström went 21st and 23rd as overagers. Powerforwards who can finish are usually popular and Huuhtanen had a great year so I definitely think he would have been a 1st rounder. He probably would have been picked in the 20s as well. Tampa possibly hit a gold mine with this pick. Definitely one of the young players I'll be following in Liiga this season.

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Chinakhov and Borgström went 21st and 23rd as overagers. Powerforwards who can finish are usually popular and Huuhtanen had a great year so I definitely think he would have been a 1st rounder. He probably would have been picked in the 20s as well. Tampa possibly hit a gold mine with this pick. Definitely one of the young players I'll be following in Liiga this season.
So far I think Huuhtanen is at least just as good as every single Finnish player drafted in the second round of 2021 (Heimosalmi, Tuomaala, Koivunen, Räty, Helenius, Kapanen). So based on that, he should've at least been a second rounder.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
So far I think Huuhtanen is at least just as good as every single Finnish player drafted in the second round of 2021 (Heimosalmi, Tuomaala, Koivunen, Räty, Helenius, Kapanen). So based on that, he should've at least been a second rounder.

It's hard to compare different leagues but at the moment I would have Räty ahead of Huuhtanen. Räty was very impressive in Liiga last year. Koivunen was great as well so maybe it is tie for him and Huuhtanen for me at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad