F Niko Huuhtanen - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 224th, TBL)

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
There were rumblings of him going to the SHL next year? If that's the case, then I think he just doesn't want to sign with Tampa for some reason.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Over PPG now with 39 points in 38 games. I don't really see anyway how Tampa doesn't sign him right after his season is done.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Led the Sm-Liiga in rookie scoring and rookie goals,

Now in his 2nd season, 3rd most goals in the Sm-Liiga, 6th most points.
- 4 points behind the league leader

39 points in 38 games so far.
(7 goals, 16 points in his last 10 games)

17 goals, 30 points last season
pace for 24 goals, 62 points this season.

Reactions: Kung Fu Tzu

Kevzzz

Nov 21, 2023
He's really flying under the radar. You guys know why he returns in Finlande after the OHL ?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Forgotten among Lightning prospects but is listed on their reserve list and is Jukurit's leading scorer as a 20-year-old.

Is that more the result of the current level of Liiga or is there something to Huuhtanen as a "late bloomer"?

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Forgotten among Lightning prospects but is listed on their reserve list and is Jukurit's leading scorer as a 20-year-old.

Is that more the result of the current level of Liiga or is there something to Huuhtanen as a "late bloomer"?
In my limited viewings, which have been I think three this season, he has been the most visible and impressive player on the ice everytime.

Work ethic through the roof, very physical and has excellent agitation skills. Good shot, good skater, all in all a very enticing package.

To answer your question, I'd say "late bloomer", although he was very good in his first season in Liiga too.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan

He had a good rookie pro year last year and a pretty big year in the WHL the year before that, so I wouldn't call him a late bloomer.

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023

A few years before his draft, he was thought of as one of the top Finns, if not THE top Finn in the class. I wouldn’t call him a late bloomer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad