Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
5'11" 168lbs

RW for the Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL)

nick-lardis-2023-7434.jpg

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He’s small, but he plays a good two way game. Smart shot selection. Really took off once he was traded to Hamilton. Able to quickly gain speed. He’s also comfortable on the PK. He’s maybe like a Marner-lite. Needs to pack on another 15 pounds minimum before I’d be comfortable seeing him in an NHL lineup.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The sixth overall pick in the 2021 OHL Draft, Nick Lardis had a decent first season with the Peterborough Petes. He put up 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points in 63 games. Unfortunately, he was held scoreless in four playoff games. He also could not build on that rookie season as Lardis really struggled to start his draft season with Peterborough. Lardis put up just 12 goals and seven assists for 19 points in 36 games. At this point, Lardis was part of a trade to the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Lardis was given a bigger role, more ice-time and more powerplay time with Hamilton and his game improved with the added responsibility. He had an outstanding second half of the year. Lardis scored 25 goals and 21 assists for 46 points in 33 games. He also added five goals and five assists for 10 points in six playoff games against the Barrie Colts. Unfortunately, Barrie was just too strong for Hamilton in the end. Lardis joined Team Canada for the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. He scored four goals in seven games and helped Team Canada to the bronze medal.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Tremendous value at this draft slot.......kid can fly with skill.......shocked he dropped this far.

Reactions: Sinbad

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
He was my prospect crush in the 2nd round (Yager was my 1st round one) and we got this kid in the 3rd round. Over the moon. Kid really took off after that trade and his combine numbers were insane. Also still only 17 and only 9 days older than Bedard.
You think he's a Hagel clone, right?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Pronman had a poll for NHL scouts and execs about who the best skater in the draft is. There was atleast one vote for Lardis and a lot that went with Moore. We drafted the two best forward skaters in the draft.

Molendyk and Gulyayev were the two defensemen that got votes. There was one other name that I don't remember, but I'll try to find him.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I didn’t ask every scout, but several participated in a quick flash poll of the best players at certain traits. The players are not listed in any specific order.

BEST SKATER

Oliver Moore (multiple)

Tanner Molendyk

Nick Lardis

Mikhail Gulyayev

Axel Sandin-Pellikka

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I had him ranked 19th oa. I couldn't be happier. He is the guy I'm higher on than anyone. So much skill and talent

Profile here:

He's been your guy from the beginning, happy it worked out!

Very excited for him actually. Skating and compete are fantastic. He could be a nice compliment to our stars or form a great third line with some of our other prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad