Prospect Info: F Martin Misiak, Youngstown Phantoms (55th overall 2023)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Misiak says he's known Gajan since he was 10 years old. Excited to be drafted on the same team as him.

1000002439.jpg

Also won a championship with the Youngtown Phantoms in the USHL (lead the team in points in the playoffs with 10)

Love seeing the Hawks draft kids that have been champions and have gone through playoff grind already in their young careers.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Doneghy mentioned in his presser that Misiak might stay in the Ushl or Chl teams are interested in him
Saginaw has his OHL rights.

Mintyukov got traded to Ottawa so Saginaw has an open slot to add an import player.

I'd rather see Misiak play there since the competition would be better.

Saginaw puts him a bit closer to Chicago too.

Reactions: clydesdale line

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I checked his height/weight taken at the Combine a few weeks ago and he's bigger than I thought. He's 6'1.5" and 200lbs. And he can skate. Very nice.

Reactions: Skala24

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Saginaw has his OHL rights.

Mintyukov got traded to Ottawa so Saginaw has an open slot to add an import player.

I'd rather see Misiak play there since the competition would be better.

Saginaw puts him a bit closer to Chicago too.
Just a point of clarification: no one is quite certain if Saginaw still has his rights. You can only hold onto two import players rights at any given time with the exception that if you have a drafted player, you can hold onto another player’s rights in case they make it to the NHL out of camp. Now neither Mintyukov or Sapovaliv made the NHL so in theory they were the only two Saginaw had rights to after the season started. I’ve seen some mention that Misiak is eligible to be reselected in the import draft. I’ve also seen some that seem to think we still hold his rights. Not super clear. We’ll get a better idea after this weak. If Saginaw makes a pick or Misiak goes to someone else before them, that’ll answer that. With Saginaw hosting the memorial cup this year, it would guarantee he’s playing meaningful hockey into June. Really hoping we didn’t let his rights go.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
From Pope’s article on Gajan and Misiak:

“Misiak did jump the Atlantic to spend this past spring with Youngstown of the USHL, but it hasn’t yet been determined where he’ll play next season. Doneghey said several Canadian junior teams are trying to acquire his rights.”

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

“Misiak did jump the Atlantic to spend this past spring with Youngstown of the USHL, but it hasn’t yet been determined where he’ll play next season. Doneghey said several Canadian junior teams are trying to acquire his rights.”
The most fun place for him to play would be in Brantford with Lardis.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Well that would seem to indicate that Saginaw no longer has his rights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad