F Konsta Helenius - Jukurit, FIN Liiga (2024 Draft)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

He will destroy the competiton and the amator scouting community will finally get out of their coma, I have this kid as a top 4 foward in the draft, he is for me a tier above Catton.

giphy.gif

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I thought Helenius was one of the best players for Finland in national team games that he played. I think he should have made the WC team. But helping U18 team try to win gold on home ice is probably more important.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I thought Helenius was one of the best players for Finland in national team games that he played. I think he should have made the WC team. But helping U18 team try to win gold on home ice is probably more important.
The U18s will be over before WC starts. There is a decent chance he'll still go, like the tweet said.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Do folks think he'll play C or RW in the NHL? That will be a big factor on where he's drafted. Especially considering that he's not a big boy.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Is it fair to say that Helenius is trending out of the top-10? Maybe that changes after the international competitions but for now, is the expectation that he falls out of the top-10?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Is it fair to say that Helenius is trending out of the top-10? Maybe that changes after the international competitions but for now, is the expectation that he falls out of the top-10?
I don't see why he would be dropping based on his own performance. If he is dropping, its because some other players are at least as good as him. He has done nothing himself to be considered lower than 10.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I suspect actual NHL teams will have Helenius higher than the average internet scout. Helenius does “pop” like Catton/Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla do, so randos on HF boards don’t think he has high upside because he doesn’t dangle through 19 year olds every other shift.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Why would he drops? He is trending up if anything.
I could see him dropping, because he isn’t a player who is at his best in junior hockey. He is IMO better in more mature game in a system. There is a chance, him not being offensively flashy or dominant enough at U18 WC to warrant top 10 status for some scouts.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The only reason I can see him dropping is because there are a lot of defense needy teams from 6-10. Seattle and Arizona are two teams I see him landing. Ottawa needs defense, but they could take the swing. Calgary is eyeing Iginla for sure. New Jersey is loaded at center. If I were to put odds on his landing spot it'd be in this order;

Arizona
Calgary
Ottawa
Montreal
Philly
Seattle
Buffalo

EDIT: Just looked at Seattles draft history and saw they only have 1 high profile defender. They likely take one of the 6 elite ones.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The only reason I can see him dropping is because there are a lot of defense needy teams from 6-10. Seattle and Arizona are two teams I see him landing. Ottawa needs defense, but they could take the swing. Calgary is eyeing Iginla for sure. New Jersey is loaded at center. If I were to put odds on his landing spot it'd be in this order;

Seattle
Arizona
Calgary
Ottawa
Montreal
Philly
Buffalo

The Kraken's prospect pool doesn't have much on defense besides some guys drafted in the late 2nd round or later.

The top defensive prospect is already in the NHL with Ryker Evans.

I think if the prospects are similar talent wise then Francis will draft a defensemen and I'm also not sure Helenius is that high on the list if we stay at #8.

Reactions: Castle8130

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I suspect actual NHL teams will have Helenius higher than the average internet scout. Helenius does “pop” like Catton/Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla do, so randos on HF boards don’t think he has high upside because he doesn’t dangle through 19 year olds every other shift.
Probably. I would not be shocked if Kraken have him high. He pretty much fits what Francis likes. Plus we appear to have gone for a few Finnish players and feel like we have a decent scouting group in that area.

I am definitely an internet scout who has only watched some of his youtube videos. Really like him, but at 8 (assuming the lottery stands. I hope SJ wins) I would really like someone like Catton, Parekh, etc. Someone with a high offensive upside.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Why could he fall? He’s small, isn’t the best skater, isn’t flashy and and is likely a winger in the NHL. He doesn’t have the upside of others in the class. I think he’s a safe bet as a second line winger, but not much more.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Why could he fall? He’s small, isn’t the best skater, isn’t flashy and and is likely a winger in the NHL. He doesn’t have the upside of others in the class. I think he’s a safe bet as a second line winger, but not much more.
Why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad