F Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Orebro, SHL (2022, 15th, VAN)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Drysdale has 2pts in 18gp since being traded to Philly and is yet again plagued by an injury (week-to-week currently)
You'd better hope Lekkerimakki would yeild a better return lol

He's had a rough go, he's being outscored 4-14 at 5v5, so higher than a 3-1 to margin.
getting slaughtered with dangerous scoring chances against

not looking good for philly on that trade, as he had those same faults in anaheim.

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Hope we hold onto him. This kind of confidence playing with Miller and petey next year and he'll net 35 goals

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I really don’t think we’re trading this guy at the dl he’s just too good.
The way he has come on lately has me thinking he has a real shot to make the Canucks out of camp. I don't see him getting dealt at this stage, he has some legit upside.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He's arguably more dominant right now than a 19 year old EP40.

Bonkers. The kid has to be in the top three prospects in all leagues outside the NHL.

Not a f***ing chance he's dealt.
19 year old EP40 put up the most points in SHL history for a U24 player, 2nd in goals for U24, scored 10 playoff goals in 13 games and won an SHL playoff MVP and carried his team to a championship. There’s no one that really comes to close to what Pettersson did as a U24 in the SHL, and it’s unlikely that it ever gets broken again.

Correction: technically he sits 3rd for all time in goals for a U24, but is 2nd all time for U20 SHL player.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Man I can see this guy being ready as soon as next year. Since he recovered from Mono he's been on absolute tear:

15 pts in 15 games in the Allsvensken playoffs
7 goals, 10 pts in 7 WJC games + tournament MVP
19 goals, 29 pts in 41 SHL games - 4th in the league in goals. There's no player under 24 who has more points either.

He was also one of the youngest players to be drafted in 2022. He doesn't turn 20 until July.

Obviously he'll have to adapt to NA ice and physicality, but you'll struggle to find players scoring like him at his age that didn't become impact NHL players.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's just me or his skillset looks little bit limited except his excellent shot? All his goals looks similar - perfectly placed long distance shots. Don't get me wrong, he looks good and it's logical he does what works for him, but I miss some more creativity and another dimension from him in order to succeed at NHL level.

I'm sure he can be a PP force (despite better goalies) but I'm not sure if it's a good sign he has like just two or three ways how to score a goal. I saw good handling skills in his draft season, but right now it's all about the shot. I'm not saying it's not gonna work in the NHL but many great players busted because they relied solely on their shot.
Id gues you have only watched highlites? Hockey sense, vision and puck skills are extremely elite. Cant give him a bad pass. Gets his shot off fast and hard but can also make plays.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
My comparision since draft year was Markus Naslund and I stand by it. Maybe he doesn't peak as high as Naslund in 03, but this kid is going to be a perennial 30-40 goal threat. What a steal by the Canucks.

No way he is getting traded at the deadline. Kid is untouchable in my eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad