F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Demidov looks so good. Is it crazy to think that he might actually have higher ceiling and turns out better than Celebrini?

He is listed at only 5'11" but why does he look bigger? Did he have a growth spurt since he last measured? I wouldn't be too sad having to pick Demidov at #2. He looks real good in these videos. Perhaps the gap between him and Celebrini is not as wide as people have been saying or am I just underestimating Celebrini's abilities?

I could see Demidov going the MacKinnon route once he physically matures. That 6'0 200lb explosive tank archetype. He has a wide frame and shrugs off contact and his movements whether skating or shooting look effortless.

He's toying with the MHL.

It'll be interesting what happens to him next season. SKA has been blackballing him from advancing a level because he doesn't want to re-sign, and he expires Spring 2025.

He's a tier 1 prospect to me though along with Celebrini. Some of those defenseman that are getting hyped for the second overall pick scare me to death.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
You really think the Sharks are gonna draft a forward not named Celebrini after picking only forwards in the 1st round for like 10 years?

I absolutely could see that happen, especially if the Sharks get the Pens pick (top 10 protected). Right now it would be 11 OA and it’s almost guaranteed that one of the top 6 D-men is still available at 11 OA. Seeing how the rankings of those guys are all over the place, if the Sharks think Demidov/Lindstrom are the clear BPA at 2nd OA, they could take a forward 2OA and snatch what is left of the D-core with 11 OA, kind of put the (very tough) decision how to rank the D in the hands of the teams ahead of them.

Reactions: wetcoast

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I personally don't give a damn for what team and with what pick takes him, but out of pure aesthetic reasons will be cool if he gets to Chicago to play with Bedard.

My absolute dream scenario outside of Celebrini.

I like Levshunov a bunch too, but Demidov and Bedard would be unreal.

I think eventually they’d play on separate lines if Demidov is able to drive a line as a LW.

My only concern with Demidov is his lack of time in the KHL. Another year in the MHL seems terrible for his development.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
My absolute dream scenario outside of Celebrini.

I like Levshunov a bunch too, but Demidov and Bedard would be unreal.

I think eventually they’d play on separate lines if Demidov is able to drive a line as a LW.

My only concern with Demidov is his lack of time in the KHL. Another year in the MHL seems terrible for his development.

I'm pretty sure he'll be loaned to a KHL team for the next season, or traded like Khusnutdinov was. Rotenberg is going probably to reshake SKA roster up again so he will need some spare parts to trade for players he wants. Demidov is a pretty valueable spare part, I'd say. Just for a season but KHL contracts are mostly 1-2 year long anyway.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Actually it looks like KHL is going to go hard against cap circumvention and roster-flipping tricks SKA loves to use so there is a chance SKA will have to play Demidov because his salary doesn't count against the cap, and they just don't have other KHL ready U20 players but him and Michkov.

Last edited:
Reactions: slumpy43

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
5'11 is udersized for some people...
I mean, it is objectively smaller than the average winger in the NHL (6'0"-6'1"). It's not a huge difference and it doesn't mean he can't or won't succeed but you can't have your own facts.

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Demidov doesn’t look undersized at all
Hard to tell since all the clips I’ve seen are him playing with and against teenagers, and in smaller rinks so the camera angle is a little weird.

Reactions: ello

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Hard to tell since all the clips I’ve seen are him playing with and against teenagers, and in smaller rinks so the camera angle is a little weird.

Those rascally Russians are using forced perspective to make Demidov look bigger.

Reactions: Jacob

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Playing at 11:00 AM. I'm head over heels for this kid to be on the Hawks. He might be 5'11", but he plays like he's 6'1". He is sturdy and seldomly do defenders knock him off his feet

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Hi everyone, here's my video Scouting Report on Ivan Demidov. Hope you'll enjoy.

His shot has really improved throughout the year too.

By the way, this kid already has a goal and assist today. He is doing way better than Michkov was at this time last year.

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

By the way, this kid already has a goal and assist today. He is doing way better than Michkov was at this time last year.

Finished with a goal and 2 assists in SKA's 4-1 win. There's no doubt he has great skills - but as has been said he's playing against junior players and I think he will find in much more of a challenge to do all those amazing dipsy-doo skating moves against men who are adept at knocking him off his skates.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Finished with a goal and 2 assists in SKA's 4-1 win. There's no doubt he has great skills - but as has been said he's playing against junior players and I think he will find in much more of a challenge to do all those amazing dipsy-doo skating moves against men who are adept at knocking him off his skates.
this can be said about any prospect who plays against his peers.
michkov looked like crap in the mhl playoffs last year, in comparison

19Simon19

Jul 31, 2022

Haven't seen him in a while. Gonna watch a handful of playoffs games to know wheter he's 2 or 3 on my list.

I told some people in September 2022 than Demdivo was better than Michkov. I sticked to it all year last season while evaluating Michkov. Got thrown a few tomatoes at me for saying that but I think it's looking decent as of now.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Haven't seen him in a while. Gonna watch a handful of playoffs games to know wheter he's 2 or 3 on my list.

I told some people in September 2022 than Demdivo was better than Michkov. I sticked to it all year last season while evaluating Michkov. Got thrown a few tomatoes at me for saying that but I think it's looking decent as of now.
Completely agree. I had Michkov #2 on my list last year, but that's because I thought he was the safest bet to be a good producer at the NHL level with his skillset between him Carlsson, and Fantilli. I think Demidov is a better draft choice than Michkov was last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad