F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Finished with a goal and 2 assists in SKA's 4-1 win. There's no doubt he has great skills - but as has been said he's playing against junior players and I think he will find in much more of a challenge to do all those amazing dipsy-doo skating moves against men who are adept at knocking him off his skates.

Just for a pespective, KHLer Artamonov played vs junior players today, scored zero points, and his team lost.

19Simon19

Jul 31, 2022
Completely agree. I had Michkov #2 on my list last year, but that's because I thought he was the safest bet to be a good producer at the NHL level with his skillset between him Carlsson, and Fantilli. I think Demidov is a better draft choice than Michkov was last year.
I had Michkov 6th and honestly, I wasn't that much of a fan.

He basically left me with more question than answer.

Carlsson 2 all the way !

Here's my ranking from last year :

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I had Michkov 6th and honestly, I wasn't that much of a fan.

He basically left me with more question than answer.

Carlsson 2 all the way !

Here's my ranking from last year :

Your ranking is aging well.

I held similar views to yours on Michkov and Demidov.

You mentioned you are deciding between #2 and #3 for Demidov. I can't imagine who you might put ahead of him.

Last edited:

Fyodorov

Apr 20, 2021

I held similar views to yours on Michkov and Demidov.

You mentioned you are deciding between #2 and #3 for Demidov. I can't imagine who you might put ahead of him.

That's an interesting take.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
I've read somewhere, that he's playing C in the playoffs, trying to check if he's at least taking some faceoffs, but...

Screenshot from 2024-04-02 10-44-36.png

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
hahahahaha. Matvei only broke the D+1 KHL record by a lot, while playing on a team with zero chemistry, while only on the PP2 unit, while dealing with persistent pneumonia for 80% of the season, while playing as a shell of himself and reaching insane levels of unselfishness

Ivan hasn't even scored a VHL point? What are we talking about here? Michkov scored almost a goal per game in the VHL last season, 22-23

Last edited:
Reactions: Wats

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
hahahahaha. Matvei only broke the D+1 KHL record by a lot, while playing on a team with zero chemistry, while only on the PP2 unit, while dealing with persistent pneumonia for 80% of the season, while playing as a shell of himself and reaching insane levels of unselfishness

Ivan hasn't even scored a VHL point? What are we talking about here? Michkov scored almost a goal per game in the VHL last season, 22-23

Untill Michkov starts destroying NHL he'll always be underrated because he's Russian and he's a high IQ player, the same was about Kucherov.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Reminder that Michkov only had 7 points in 5 games in MHL playoffs last year. Demidov is legit.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I think he might have a more dynamic element than celebrini and higher offensive upside wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the best player from the draft although macklin is almost guaranteed to become a 1c

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Reminder that Michkov only had 7 points in 5 games in MHL playoffs last year. Demidov is legit.

We know Michkov has the talent to score 10 or more points in a 5 game MHL playoff series. To me it's a reasonable concern about Michkov that he didn't. He has had times where the drive isn't there. "Why would he care, he's too good for that league" plays better on HF than among NHL scouts. You want someone extremely driven to win no matter the circumstance.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
We know Michkov has the talent to score 10 or more points in a 5 game MHL playoff series. To me it's a reasonable concern about Michkov that he didn't. He has had times where the drive isn't there. "Why would he care, he's too good for that league" plays better on HF than among NHL scouts. You want someone extremely driven to win no matter the circumstance.

It all depends on who your linemates are and who you play against. He scored 6 points in just 2 games in play-ins, but when his team faced SKA-1946 with a bunch of VHLers, who were sent down after SKA Neva elimination, it demonstrably displayed that MHL playoffs isn't a joke as some NA people think...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It all depends on who your linemates are and who you play against. He scored 6 points in just 2 games in play-ins, but when his team faced SKA-1946 with a bunch of VHLers, who were sent down after SKA Neva elimination, it demonstrably displayed that MHL playoffs isn't a joke as some NA people think...

How would you describe the quality of Demidov's MHL playoff opponents?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How would you describe the quality of Demidov's MHL playoff opponents?

I'd say the quality of his teammates is above MHL level, in such situation the level of opposition doesn't mean a lot. Of course he's the best player of his team by far.

But as I understand, their opponents got some help from the VHL. It still didn't help them in first two games, but they lost first 2 games in the previous series too and won it.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd say the quality of his teammates is above MHL level, in such situation the level of opposition doesn't mean a lot. Of course he's the best player of his team by far.

But as I understand, their opponents got some help from the VHL. It still didn't help in first two games, but they lost first 2 games in the previous series too and still won it.

I would think the opponent quality matters a lot regardless. How good are those teams?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They are probably as good as top CHL teams. Especially with VHL guys.

Yes, that's been about what I'm imagining. The worst MHL teams look worse, by my eye, than any CHL or even USHL opponents. But the best ones look good. And a lot of the MHL goalies are better than any CHL goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad