Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Swedish forward Isak Rosen plays for Leksands and their affiliated teams. In 22 games in the SHL, he had just one assist. The 17-year-old struggled to find his feet playing against men. However, he was much better when playing against opponents his age. Rosen scored seven goals and five assists for 12 points in the J20 league. He also had two goals and four points in one game in the J18. Rosen really excelled at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships, scoring seven goals and two assists for nine points in seven games. He was named a top-three player on the team and helped the Swedes to a bronze medal.

In 2019-20, Rosen put up 21 goals and 14 assists for 35 points in 38 games in the J20. It was the most points by any Under-17-year-old in the league. He also played for the Swedish National Team at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Rosen scored two points in five tournament games. He had three points in one regular-season game in the J18. Rosen also added four points in a playoff game before the pandemic shut down the season.

Isak Rosen Scouting Report

2021 NHL Draft #22: Isak Rosen Scouting Report - LWOS

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Best Swede at the U18 over Lysell, Edvinsson, etc.

Great speed. Transition player with great puck skills. Lethal shot and good playmaking ability too.

Seriously needs to put on muscle and is held back by that but confident he can be a top-6 winger regardless.

Not my top choice, but I like that pick a lot still.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
high skill guy. Fill the 2nd and later rounds with CHL players that didnt get to play. Gonna find a gem there

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
The SHL is a weird place for prospects. Kid got no ice time this year like any young player in the league. I’m really curious what the plan is here. I would imagine let him play in Sweden next year then reevaluate if he’s ready to get time on the Amerks.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad