Prospect Info: (F) Frank Nazar - 2022 NHL Draft, 13th Overall

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
U18's, USNTDP
[5’10”. 180lbs. Born on January 14, 2004.]

frank_nazar_iii_medium.png

Noticeable playmaking instincts. His first choice is always to differ the puck. It’d be nice to see him take more shots. Good at retrieving the puck. Fast skater. The spitting image of Nick Schmaltz. Out of anyone in the draft, I think he was my biggest riser. In early showings he was outclassed by his teammates, but he really started to show what he was capable of in the latter half of the season. - Kevin Musto

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Nazar was another top forward from the US National Team Development Program this year. He mostly played centre, but also saw some time on right wing as well. In 56 games with the NTDP Under-18 squad, Nazar put up 28 goals and 42 assists for 70 points. He also played for the American entry at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. In six games, Nazar put up three goals and six assists for nine points. He helped the US team to a silver medal.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Detroit native (cough.. like DeBrincat.. cough) who is also a great skater. I like that Davidson and company are picking guys who can seriously skate. Plus his family won't have to drive too far to see him. Great thrill for the kid.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Love this pick. Full disclosure - I would have taken him at 7.

The top 6 was obvious. After that, I thought the next tier/group from 7-15 was interchangeable and Nazar was the player I liked the most (Mintyukov 2nd).

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

video says nazar is another fancy stats darling for controlled entries and exits, this trade could be a home run

Holy shit! How does someone with that level of IQ and instincts make it to 13? Plus the speed and shot. Could be a big steal down the line.

Very happy with this pick and the fact that we're going highest upside everywhere.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
All indications are this is a potential home run pick if things go right with his development

Probably safe to say he is firmly established as likely our #1 prospect at this point. His upside seems greater then Korchinski and Reichel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad