F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Just tuned in before the 3rd, he’s dominating right now

The more I see him progress, the more he reminds me of Jack Eichel.

Edit: Without top end speed and playing the center position, of course.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
The more I see him progress, the more he reminds me of Jack Eichel.

Edit: Without top end speed and playing the center position, of course.

I don't really see it. Lafreniere is more of a playmaker as far as I can tell. Eichel is a faster skater, but Alexis has better edges.

I've seen him play a few times now this year and I'm having a tough time thinking of an accurate comparison. He's an interesting player.

Reactions: Acadien86

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yep. His game is all about his vision/IQ, such a smart player. I don’t know if there’s any true NHL comparable for him though

He’s also got a physical edge to his game.

He’s a skilled power forward winger, he’s going be an elite top tier player. If he was in the draft this year, I’d take him over Hughes at first overall.

Probably the best winger prospect since Ovi.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I don't really see it. Lafreniere is more of a playmaker as far as I can tell. Eichel is a faster skater, but Alexis has better edges.

I've seen him play a few times now this year and I'm having a tough time thinking of an accurate comparison. He's an interesting player.

Eichel is 5th in the NHL in assist tho. I think both have elite vision and know how to score. I agree with the skating part and that there is no real comparison right now. Eichel is probably the player I like to watch the most right now, and I'm not even a Sabres fan.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
I've never actually seen a 17 years olds showcasing such a high hockey IQ. He thinks and reads the play quickly and can adapt to everything in front of him. He might not be on McDavid level, but his hockey IQ and vision are one of a kind !

Reactions: BBHockey98

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Such a smart player. Like winger Tavares maybe better playmaker. I expect him to go #2 overall after Lundell.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I would be absolutely ****ing amazed if he didn't go first overall. I think he's definitely quite a bit ahead of the rest at this point.
Like usual European top procpects don't have lot hype yet. But I think most Gms should take center Barkov before winger Tavares. This is going to be extremely close.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Like usual European top procpects don't have lot hype yet. But I think most Gms should take center Barkov before winger Tavares. This is going to be extremely close.

I've gotten to watch Alexis play a few times this Season(live and on TV) and I'm not really seeing the Tavares comparison. I love JT, but while it may not be Lafreniere's biggest strength he's still a much better skater than JT. He's also more of a pass first type player, I'm not seeing a ton of similarities.

I see more of a pass first Marian Hossa than John Tavares, and even that's not a perfect comparison by any means.

It's not a slight on Lundell for being European, Alexis is just that damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad