Pre-Game Talk: Experience what it’s like to fall into a black hole on Tuesday as the Center of the Universe visits Edmonton

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
It means f*** all lol they will come up with one of their best games against oilers, especially after losing multiple games in a row. We have to be sharp offensively and play our best defense and stu stand on his head

I'm not worried about the Leafs being great, I'm worried about the Oilers being mediocre. It's a 10 game streak, their starts have been poor, and their execution doesn't arrive until the third period. It doesn't take a great team to beat Edmonton at the level they've been this past week, which is why mediocre teams have taken us to OT.

Reactions: JarvisFunk

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm not worried about the Leafs being great, I'm worried about the Oilers being mediocre. It's a 10 game streak, their starts have been poor, and their execution doesn't arrive until the third period. It doesn't take a great team to beat Edmonton at the level they've been this past week, which is why mediocre teams have taken us to OT.
You and I have watched different games. The Oilers have been the vastly better team in the last 2 games, Chicago was just bad, but they haven't finished, which has been the largest problem. No finish means no separation and leads to the close games.

The Oilers will have to be on point against the leafs, but we need to stop pretending the last bunch of games was score and pray hockey, the Oilers have played better than that.

Reactions: Oilhawks and bone

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Edmonton has played at a high level for quite awhile now, it’s inevitable that eventually there will be some periods of mediocre play, which is why it’s a good sign to see a team that can still strings wins together even when they don’t have their best game going. That’s a sign of a good team.

Also they’ve had quite a bit of travel coming back from the Christmas break, California road trip, then back to Edmonton for a few days then skipping across the Midwest then back up to MTL. McLeod was out last game due to illness and while he’s the only one who’s missed a game I’m sure there’s at least a few of them dealing with being under the weather.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Edmonton has played at a high level for quite awhile now, it’s inevitable that eventually there will be some periods of mediocre play, which is why it’s a good sign to see a team that can still strings wins together even when they don’t have their best game going. That’s a sign of a good team.

Also they’ve had quite a bit of travel coming back from the Christmas break, California road trip, then back to Edmonton for a few days then skipping across the Midwest then back up to MTL. McLeod was out last game due to illness and while he’s the only one who’s missed a game I’m sure there’s at least a few of them dealing with being under the weather.

This winning streak has basically all been travel. Everyone keeps talking about the franchise record 10 game winning streak, but I've not heard anyone talking about how the win on Saturday also matched the franchise record for road wins in a row within the same season with 8.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I had to add the Cowboys as well. I’m a huge Packers fan so beating Dallas is a great day. It was a great weekend. Beat Habs for 10 straight
Packers beat Mericas team

Attachments

• IMG_9641.jpeg
    IMG_9641.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9631.png
    IMG_9631.png
    608 KB · Views: 2

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Leafs like winning things that have nothing to do with playoffs. I'd imagine ending our win streak will be extra important.

I'll say that if our PP wakes up we will win this, but we probably lose if the PP stays bad

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Do you expect a team to play at a high level every game in their streak? Lol other teams want to win too and have pride and will work hard to beat oiiers. You don't seem to understand there is a fine line between winning and losing in nhl. A bounce either way can win a game. The Oilers last 3 games have not looked that good but they found ways to win. To win tomorrow in my opinion they will have to have all facets of their game at a top level. Toronto will give us their best game so you should be worried. Edmonton can play a good game and still lose. hopefully Edmonton gives us a great game

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
200bucks minimum ticket price to see the Leafs here? Airfare would be cheaper just to fly to Toronto instead of seeing them here. Maybe get a one way ticket and stay there..

Can never really understand how many closet leafs fans live here, exist here, and keep being leafs fans. Makes no sense. Pretty much the type that say Berta and can't resist bashing it here, while living and working here for years.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Why ruin a good thing. on to 11 boys!

Holland should be working Campbell into a wager with Treliving.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
200bucks minimum ticket price to see the Leafs here? Airfare would be cheaper just to fly to Toronto instead of seeing them here. Maybe get a one way ticket and stay there..

Can never really understand how many closet leafs fans live here, exist here, and keep being leafs fans. Makes no sense. Pretty much the type that say Berta and can't resist bashing it here, while living and working here for years.
I’m seeing $150 including fees for upper bowl for tonight on fans first.
$210 for row 1 tickets to the Kraken game on Thursday.. I’m in for that one. If you see a guy dry humping the glass on Thursday it’s probably me

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Keefe on the hot seat. What a story it’d be if we got their coach fired. The stakes have just been raised in this game.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Umm, you forgot Calgary
Well, I’m not from Alberta and u gotta admit, playoffs are better when we r playing Calgary. I’m old enough to have witnessed 80’s

This guy gets it! f*** Toronto.
I hate Toronto. Ever since we landed McDavid, they have never stopped with the BS
I also hate the Dallas Cowboys. Pretty much some mentality in that fan base

Attachments

• IMG_9641.jpeg
    IMG_9641.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad