Pre-Game Talk: Experience what it’s like to fall into a black hole on Tuesday as the Center of the Universe visits Edmonton

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Great price eh
Kansas was there as well
Best band I seen is not listed there. It was an all star band called Big People.
Benjamin Orr - The Cars
Pat Travers - Pet Travers Band
Jeff Carlisi - 38 Special
Derek St Holmes - Ted Nugent
Liberty Devito- Billy Joel
What a set they put on. I’m a big Cars, Billy Joel, Ted Nugent, and 38 Special fan . These guys stole the show.
Again what a great bonus. All very good musicians. Saw all of them except Joel at one time or another. Amazing that Kansas isn't even big billing on the bill.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Love the 'sneak in' stories!
I have a few as well.

Others as well but mostly when I was a kid, before I even snuck into Eskimo games, I used to do this;
My uncle was alumni and parents had incredible season tickets. What I would do for so many games was jump from stands onto field area, both in Clarke and Commonwealth. Then I'd simply stand close but not too close to players area acting always like I belonged there. Was amazing!!!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I have a few as well.

Others as well but mostly when I was a kid, before I even snuck into Eskimo games, I used to do this;
My uncle was alumni and parents had incredible season tickets. What I would do for so many games was jump from stands onto field area, both in Clarke and Commonwealth. Then I'd simply stand close but not too close to players area acting always like I belonged there. Was amazing!!!
A few more then.

As a kid at JP Cinema we would get one kid to buy a ticket and 10 of us would be standing outside and he'd just open the back door, (because they couldn't chain it or anything for fire regulations. ) we'd just come out back from the curtain area pretending we were just goofing off back there if anybody asked. If any ushers were around we just waited till they turned lights off. We got popcorn free from the tire shop on the corner, they had a popcorn machine that was easy to steal from.

U of A I used to get into Bears games all the time. Hockey arena I would just take the lower entrance, and if you go the right way it bypassed the ticket booth/ticket checkers. For Basketball there was a upper floor hallway that would just connect to the old Varsity gym. Get in free.

Fort Edmonton. Used to just take the river trail and then get in from the trail where the Canoe and longboats were. Fence always open there. Now they check.

Coliseum. years ago they had a pregame buffet for the premium fans or something. Elevator up to it. Sometimes you could get one that wasn't monitored. Free ticket and food to boot.

Via Rail. Just walk into the premium lounge and eat and drink your face off before boarding. Actually you don't even need a ticket to do this. They don't have premium in Edmonton but works well in Vancouver and Toronto and Montreal. Basically helps if you have a carry on bag and look the part of the traveler. Ours are Via Rail logo bags so it works perfect. lol

Citadel Theater: Top level Shoctors theater often lacked ticket checkers. Go through the adjacent pavilion, to top floor, bypass the ticket takers at lower stairs and just stroll into theater and take seats that are open up top. To make up for my Student years getting in free I bought STH for years. Must've been guilty.;)

Sometimes the same trick worked at Jubilee Auditorium in the past.

Expo Center. If dark just use the staff entrance in back, almost always open, and just tie any card you have to a lanyard.. They don't even check. Just pretend to flash it. You could use an old Blockbuster card. lol

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Spent some time today on the Leafs board. Those guys are losing their shit over there. They want everybody fired and all the players traded. Same thing as us back in October but when we did we were low IQ fans who knew nothing about hockey, lol.
Tomorrow night has the potential to be a lot of fun on this board if things go our way.

If Theres ever a valid comparison between the Leafs and our fanbase, it’s a shitstain on our collective reputation.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
A few more then.

As a kid at JP Cinema we would get one kid to buy a ticket and 10 of us would be standing outside and he'd just open the back door, (because they couldn't chain it or anything for fire regulations. ) we'd just come out back from the curtain area pretending we were just goofing off back there if anybody asked. If any ushers were around we just waited till they turned lights off. We got popcorn free from the tire shop on the corner, they had a popcorn machine that was easy to steal from.

U of A I used to get into Bears games all the time. Hockey arena I would just take the lower entrance, and if you go the right way it bypassed the ticket booth/ticket checkers. For Basketball there was a upper floor hallway that would just connect to the old Varsity gym. Get in free.

Fort Edmonton. Used to just take the river trail and then get in from the trail where the Canoe and longboats were. Fence always open there. Now they check.

Coliseum. years ago they had a pregame buffet for the premium fans or something. Elevator up to it. Sometimes you could get one that wasn't monitored. Free ticket and food to boot.

Via Rail. Just walk into the premium lounge and eat and drink your face off before boarding. Actually you don't even need a ticket to do this. They don't have premium in Edmonton but works well in Vancouver and Toronto and Montreal. Basically helps if you have a carry on bag and look the part of the traveler. Ours are Via Rail logo bags so it works perfect. lol

Citadel Theater: Top level Shoctors theater often lacked ticket checkers. Go through the adjacent pavilion, to top floor, bypass the ticket takers at lower stairs and just stroll into theater and take seats that are open up top. To make up for my Student years getting in free I bought STH for years. Must've been guilty.;)

Sometimes the same trick worked at Jubilee Auditorium in the past.

Expo Center. If dark just use the staff entrance in back, almost always open, and just tie any card you have to a lanyard.. They don't even check. Just pretend to flash it. You could use an old Blockbuster card. lol

Absolutely awesome!

I need to comment further tomorrow!
Thanks

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Please win. I don’t want to avoid the main boards for a week.
I would laugh to see those fans overthink that game if they won.

"Season turnaround! McDavid will sign here for sure now! We're a contender! Oilers don't have it!"

Honestly I really love it when we beat the Leafs but it's not a big deal if we lose. Our team is for real now. We have over half a season to secure a playoff spot.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Think of what we get to read if we win. “Season is over… Marner sucks!”
It would be sooo great. The big thing we will hear is how Keefe will be fired, which would be a total overreaction brought on by fans, just like they did to Carlyle. That was toxic.

I'd also love the Kraken to beat them, but my brain tells me that it's better if the Leafs win that one of course.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I would laugh to see those fans overthink that game if they won.

"Season turnaround! McDavid will sign here for sure now! We're a contender! Oilers don't have it!"

Honestly I really love it when we beat the Leafs but it's not a big deal if we lose. Our team is for real now. We have over half a season to secure a playoff spot.
team can be the real deal but at the end of the day goaltending needs to hold up when it matters. So far so good though.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have a few as well.

LOL
Pretty clever. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad