GDT: Exhibition: Sweden 2, United States 3 | May 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Might just be me being biased towards the Wild (probably is) but Jonas Brodin looks like one of the top defenseman for Sweden right now ...

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Bah! Submit to swedish state television! :)

Ekholm is looking terrible out there. Starting to think Barry Trotz wasn't so off when he made his statement earlier this year.

State television sucks :P In norway we got Nrk 1, nrk 2, nrk 3 and nrk super. 4 completely worthless channels.....

My guess is that svt is just as bad as nrk, but hey swedish is a nice language. I give u that. Hej hej GRABBAR dags at se på svt ^^

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Is the ice really bad? Seems like everybody is having trouble with the puck.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
I wonder what MÃ¥rts thinks about Olausson, have barely seen him on the ice in the third period despite overall good play from him in the first two periods. They said that "everyone will get their chance" before the third so I wonder if that mean that they see him as a lock for the team now after quite a few good games where he has been one of the best swedish players?

Swedish playmaker*

Get rid off our SEL-players and put Malkin up front please. :sarcasm:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder what MÃ¥rts thinks about Olausson, have barely seen him on the ice in the third period despite overall good play from him in the first two periods. They said that "everyone will get their chance" before the third so I wonder if that mean that they see him as a lock for the team now after quite a few good games where he has been one of the best swedish players?

It looked like he gave Persson every chance to get a spot. Even on the ice at the dying seconds chasing a lead. I really thought Persson was going to make this team, but with all the NHLers and his play in all the exhibition games I don't see it. 13th forward at best IMO.

As for Olausson, don't think he has what it takes to bring it at the highest level. Maybe in a couple of years but not right now.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Might just be me being biased towards the Wild (probably is) but Jonas Brodin looks like one of the top defenseman for Sweden right now ...

He was by far the best D on the team this game, but it's mostly cause everyone else is garbage.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
It looked like he gave Persson every chance to get a spot. Even on the ice at the dying seconds chasing a lead. I really thought Persson was going to make this team, but with all the NHLers and his play in all the exhibition games I don't see it. 13th forward at best IMO.

I can't see how MÃ¥rts can give a spot to Persson, he is just not good enough and he doesn't look interested on the ice either.

I think these players really should get cut:

Ekholm - Not good enough in his own zone and make too many mistakes with the puck.
Fernholm - Not good enough.
Frögren - Not good enough.

Persson - Too sloppy, not interested.
Larsson - Not good enough in his own zone/without the puck, not fit outside of top6 and not good enough for top6.
BÃ¥ng - Its either him or Pettersson, I prefer the latter even though I like BÃ¥ng a lot.
Zackrisson - Not good enough.

Guess Olausson and Fasth both are in the discussion but Olausson have been one of the best players on the team for quite a few games and deserves a spot as 13th forward, MÃ¥rts said himself that if players impress enough they could get a shot at the WC. I just really like Fasth and I'd like to see MÃ¥rts giving him a shot but I doubt it.

Swep

Dec 31, 2010
Sundsvall
State television sucks :P In norway we got Nrk 1, nrk 2, nrk 3 and nrk super. 4 completely worthless channels.....

My guess is that svt is just as bad as nrk, but hey swedish is a nice language. I give u that. Hej hej GRABBAR dags at se på svt ^^

Nah, svt always produces high quality shows and broadcasts. Unfortunately they don't have the same kind of budget as the commercial networks do.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Meaningless game, but good for the U.S. to pick up a win. Looks like the legs left them on the big ice towards the midway part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad