GDT: Exhibition - CZE vs. USA (5-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastman344*

USteam :
Czech's will smoke 'em

Au contraire Yankee mon...Our Boyz are gonna spank da Czechs so bad...I actually feel sorry for them...

OH CANADA BABYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!

BlackAces*

Does the US ever show well? They have the advantage of playing with each other all year, and through out their development, and they still crap the bed every year. The only gold they ever won was due to a Canadian melt down.

USA hockey pftttt

BlackAces*

Czech's will smoke 'em:teach:

You might wanna get a new crystal ball, that one is broken sally.

Canada takes not only the Czech's but every other team, including a sad ass US team if they can even make it out of the first round.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
You might wanna get a new crystal ball, that one is broken sally.

Canada takes not only the Czech's but every other team, including a sad ass US team if they can even make it out of the first round.

lol why don't you wait until after it happens before making statements like that? Just because USA lost a pre-tournament exhibition game to the Czechs doesn't mean they have a "sad ass team." The Czechs are good as well, Frolik and Voracek are probably as good as any player on the Canadian offense at the moment.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Actually, it's good for US! They'll prepare hard.

I actually wanted Canada to lose against Finland or a very tight game like 3-2 so they come out hard against Czech's.

gorrillaunit18

BLS obviously just looked up a bunch of crap on wikipedia before posting that. If somebody was actually smart enough to have a reasonable amount of intelligence in those fields they would not post like they do. Anybody who posts "ur" knows dick all about reletivity or anything else for that matter.

BINGO! :yo::yo::yo: i agree w/ you fully on this one!!!

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Oh yeah, I know you said something about Okposo earlier but:

How was Okposo?

Where was Okposo playing (what line)?

How was Rakhshani?

Where was Rakhshani playing?

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Did anyone who watched the game have an opinion on the reffing? Is it more NHL style so far, or still pretty International style and hitting will get you a penalty?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Did anyone who watched the game have an opinion on the reffing? Is it more NHL style so far, or still pretty International style and hitting will get you a penalty?

I heard the gave up two short handed goals. I guess the power play is going to need some work!

VladNYC*

I heard the gave up two short handed goals. I guess the power play is going to need some work!

Translation:
DAMN THOSE CZECHS ARE FAST!

I am really excited to see them play. I love a good czech or slovak team, they play with such speed and skill. Even as a fan of team Russia i am sometimes jealous of their team's skill and composure.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Translation:
DAMN THOSE CZECHS ARE FAST!

I am really excited to see them play. I love a good czech or slovak team, they play with such speed and skill. Even as a fan of team Russia i am sometimes jealous of their team's skill and composure.

I always viewed them as the 'wild card' of the tourney.

It'll be interesting to see how their team depth holds up. They were without Tlusty and Repik to begin with, now Ruzicka will miss the tourney with an injury.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
can we get back to the topic on hand instead of giving BLS a grammar lesson? he won't posting in the thread again anyways so let it die

thanks

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
This obviously is not a good sign for the US team. Not that losing to the Czechs should be considered a disgrace, but if USA wants to contend for gold they can't be dropping games 5-2 to anybody. I think the Americans might be best to just let this one go and forget it happened.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Does the US ever show well? They have the advantage of playing with each other all year, and through out their development, and they still crap the bed every year. The only gold they ever won was due to a Canadian melt down.

USA hockey pftttt

Losing is a shootout to Canada in the elimination round is crapping the bed? The US Develpoment program surely deserves some criticism, but their results have not been bad considering the number of players they have to work with versus other nations, including Canada. Or perhaps you missed the last NHL draft, with all this US born players selected.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Losing is a shootout to Canada in the elimination round is crapping the bed? The US Develpoment program surely deserves some criticism, but their results have not been bad considering the number of players they have to work with versus other nations, including Canada. Or perhaps you missed the last NHL draft, with all this US born players selected.

Actually, when you take into consideration # of players produced, the USA's results have been rather sub-par in relation to other countries........particularly at the WJC level.

USA's been producing the talent lately (as evidenced by recent drafts) but not the international results to go with it.

Joeri Loonen

Mar 1, 2002
www.eurohockey.net
Also keep in mind that for the third period, Czech coach Horava decided to send its complete first line including starting netminder to the shower for some rest. They completed the game with just 15 players consisting out of second, third and fourth liners.

The USA looked in need of adaption to the larger ice, often having cross ice passes intercepted in the neutral zone. Against this Czech team with its skills and technique that's suicide as showed.

Especially Michale Frolik stung like a bee at times constantly driving two or three USA players to madness all the time, especially at the penalty kill.

Both USA goals were identical, VanRiemsdyk being well positioned in front of net and twice tipping in a loose puck. They had some solid chances but Czech netminder Kovar was excellent and frustrated the USA offense at times with some sprawling saves.

On the other end, the Czechs could have driven up the score if they were a bit more sharp in front of Smith/Palmer.

Honorable mention for Smith who had a nightmare start to this game, having to come on to replace Palmer who had equipment problems. From the faceoff that followed he was beaten straight away before being pulled again to make place for Palmer.

Halfway the game Smith replaced Palmer again and he recovered nicely after such a shaky start.

_j-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad