19. Frolík (Bořuta) (CZE)
21. Bořuta (Jordán) (CZE)
23. Sklenář (Ondráček) (CZE)
27. vanRiemsyk (Sanguinetti) (USA)
28. Voráček (CZE)
35. Bártek (Meidl) (CZE)
52. vanRiemsdyk (Schroeder) (USA)

Czech roster:
Kovář (Daneček) - Bořuta, Jordán, Parýzek, Piskáček, Prokop, Suchý, Kundrátek, Kajínek - Látal, Frolík, Květoň - Semorád, Voráček, Bartek - Meidl, Strapáč, Szturc - Sklenář, Ondráček, Kuběna.

USA roster:
Palmer (Smith) - Blum, Cole, Fairchild, McBain, Montgomery, Sanguinetti, Strait, Summers - Carman, Flynn, Geoffrion, Okposo, Pacioretty, Rakhshani, Ruegsegger, Rust, Schroeder, Sweatt, vanRiesmdyk, Wilson.

Last edited:

toastman344*

CZE 5 USA 1 ....OMG This IS MADNESS...COULD THE CZECHS REALLY BE THAT GOOD !????!

Edit : I gotta assume the Yanks just got off the plane...& are suffering from Jetlag ...STILL 5-1 ????

toastman344*

Inferno
I hope its the Jetlag, it has to have something to do with it or is USA that bad?

No the Yanks are one of the medal favorites for sure...Lots of top rank talent on their roster...BUT the Czechs also beat SWI 7-1 and ( in recent years ) the Swiss juniors have been better than SVK....Our guys only beat the Slovaks 6-1

This years Czechs must be GOOD !??!

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Inferno

No the Yanks are one of the medal favorites for sure...Lots of top rank talent on their roster...BUT the Czechs also beat SWI 7-1 and ( in recent years ) the Swiss juniors have been better than SVK....Our guys only beat the Slovaks 6-1

This years Czechs must be GOOD !??!
There one of 5 medal favourites but there not that good. There not even close to the team they had last year, imo. They left off a few players I thought shouldve made it. Ive been saying since there roster came out, that the Czech's could be a force. Jetlag might have something to do with it, but nevertheless the Czeck owns the US today.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Was Vladimir Ruzicka cut from the Czech team? I noticed he's not listed as playing today and I would have assumed he would have been on one of the top lines?

he is injured ... broken finger - he will not play on the tournament

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Hmm... Van Riemsdyk with both U.S. goals... where's the Ruegsegger boy everyone is excited about? Is he playing?

according to online he scored both goals with the same way ...he was standing infront of the net and used his size and long hands and pushed the puck to the net! probably best USA player.

hardice

Feb 11, 2006
Mirinho..Can you translate some of the game about the US? It seems they switched goalies and what about the USA "D"..anything. Did we have missed chances? Many penalties called on the U.S.? What are the triangles with !? Fighting?

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Mirinho, thanks for the link!

I don't understand a word of the game log but am I correct in Palmer giving up 4 goals and Smith replacing him?

Thanks man!

captain AARON MAIDEN*

goals:

19. Frolík (Bořuta) (CZE)
21. Bořuta (Jordán) (CZE)
23. Skokan (Ondráček) (CZE)
27. vanRiemsyk (Sanguinetti) (USA)
28. Voráček (CZE)
35. Bártek (Meidl) (CZE)
52. vanRiemsdyk (Schroeder) (USA)

Czech roster:
Kovář (Daneček) - Bořuta, Jordán, Parýzek, Piskáček, Prokop, Suchý, Kundrátek, Kajínek - Látal, Frolík, Květoň - Semorád, Voráček, Bartek - Meidl, Strapáč, Szturc - Sklenář, Ondráček, Kuběna.

USA roster:
Palmer (Smith) - Blum, Cole, Fairchild, McBain, Montgomery, Sanguinetti, Strait, Summers - Carman, Flynn, Geoffrion, Okposo, Pacioretty, Rakhshani, Ruegsegger, Rust, Schroeder, Sweatt, vanRiesmdyk, Wilson.

David Skokan is slovakian :rant:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Mirinho..Can you translate some of the game about the US? It seems they switched goalies and what about the USA "D"..anything. Did we have missed chances? Many penalties called on the U.S.? What are the triangles with !? Fighting?

We had more penalties than USA (20 PIM CZE vs 14 PIM USA) ... but USA scored only one PP goal
Ruegsegger and especialy Okposo had some good chances but Kovar was today very good in the net. First 30 minutes CZE dominated.

Palmer played first 30 minutes and the rest was Smith in the USA net.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Thanks again for the translation.

BTW, were you at the game? If so, I was curious if Repik was in attendance. He was concussed a few weeks ago so I know he is not playing but I believe he lives very close.

STAALing

Aug 30, 2006
Thanks again for the translation.

BTW, were you at the game? If so, I was curious if Repik was in attendance. He was concussed a few weeks ago so I know he is not playing but I believe he lives very close.

Man, I don't know how much luck you'd need to get a positive answer out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad