PGT: Exhibition • Canada 5 USA 2 • 9/10/16 •

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Give me a break. He wasn't given a choice and demonstrated what not to do in a fight. He didn't even drop both gloves.

He wasn't given the choice and didn't have the time to drop both gloves. He didn't even have the time to remove his helmet properly. Krug wanted to get revenge for the hit on McQuaid and was going to get his ass kicked by Oshie, so McQuaid jumped in there.

Oshie will fight anyone, even Weber. It's foolish to fight a guy 50 lbs heavier and 5 inches taller, but that's part of his bulldog mentality.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I remember when the US were whipping all the bad teams in Sochi and everyone said USA>>>Canada :laugh:

There was even a poll here for the semi-final and most 70% of the voters said US would win. How times have changed. In this tournament, a strong argument can be made that the US are the 6th best team.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Perry needs to make the line up permanently, but who to remove?

Thats gonna be a tough one.
Especially with a Duchene-Thornton-Seguin line.
For me it's between Stamkos and Giroux right now?
Like i said, tough call.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I remember when the US were whipping all the bad teams in Sochi and everyone said USA>>>Canada :laugh:

There was even a poll here for the semi-final and most 70% of the voters said US would win. How times have changed. In this tournament, a strong argument can be made that the US are the 6th best team.

They seemed to have done fine against the best team on Friday.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Where were all these cocky Canadian posters after the loss last night? 1-1 boys. Well see you next week.

We don't like to brag.
Canucks just felt things out last night.
USA showed all of their might in a meaningless game.
Canada countered.
See you next week.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Where were all these cocky Canadian posters after the loss last night? 1-1 boys. Well see you next week.

You mean the game where Canada outshot the US badly by something like 43-24, but Quick stood on his head and Price showed some rust?

Looks like the score reflected the actual play tonight when the US goalies were simply human and not out of this world.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...For me it's between Stamkos and Giroux right now?

I don't think either will sit, probably stick with the original plan. Stamkos had a noticeably great game tonight. Giroux seems impossible to give up on just yet. Interesting he seems VERY quiet needs to amp up the volume. If he doesn't get moving I could see a switch but not yet.

Some excellent discussion. Canada is the most talented team, I don't know if one of the US defenseman could even make team Canada. As an Abdelkader fan yeah it hurts to admit with him, Palmeri, Dubinski, it really holds the team back. JVR at least was a fresh addition.

Parise leading the team tonight felt like deja-vu of the last olympics. So close, but so far. Canada is awoke it will be near impossible for them to lose.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't think either will sit, probably stick with the original plan. Stamkos had a noticeably great game tonight. Giroux seems impossible to give up on just yet. Interesting he seems VERY quiet needs to amp up the volume. If he doesn't get moving I could see a switch but not yet.

Yea, i don't think theres anyway Stamkos sits.
Duchene's speed is a needed element and Duchene-Thornton-Seguin looked very good.
If you're gonna play Perry, Stamkos, Duchene and Giroux, i'd just put Giroux in Thornton's spot on that line and sit Thornton.
But Giroux got banged up pretty good in the first game.
I'd just start the healthier of the 2 and have them center that line.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
You never see Torts punishing Dubinsky or telling him off. He throws a cheap shot, heads to the bench, goes out and throws another cheapshot. Doesn't matter if he takes a stupid penalty doing it, Tortz turns a blind eye. Dubinsky is given free reign to do whatever he wants

You could say the same about Perry and Marchand's coaches turning a blind eye. You are not speaking in truths or absolutes just assumptions.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Follow the site rules, or face moderator action.

No personal attacks, no gloating just to get a rise out of people, and no reposting moderated content.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007

please, after 2 EXHIBITION games (in which they have the same record as the team they played both games) make that case for us......we will wait.

drewstar

Jan 1, 2010
6ix

Some excellent discussion. Canada is the most talented team, I don't know if one of the US defenseman could even make team Canada. As an Abdelkader fan yeah it hurts to admit with him, Palmeri, Dubinski, it really holds the team back. JVR at least was a fresh addition.

Parise leading the team tonight felt like deja-vu of the last olympics. So close, but so far. Canada is awoke it will be near impossible for them to lose.

Suter would make the TC roster as one of the LHD imo. The USA brass is even more conservative than Babcock/Armstrong with their roster selections.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He's not the type to typically take the extra shot at somebody (over the last 5 years as I'm well aware of how meaner he was earlier in his career). He average 30-40 PIMs these days, which remains a far cry from his days as a 100+ PIM player.
That's true. I interpret soft as a player unwilling to go to the dirty areas and do what needs to be done to drive the play. Thornton as one of the highest possession players in the game takes a ton of slashes and cross checks and doesn't miss a beat.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

I dislike the states so much, but lets be real, they are the 2nd best team at the very least, and in a 1-3 game show down they could possibly beat anyone.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Some player said after the game "the first game was like game 7, this was maybe like game 4" and this is still just exhibition :laugh: that's scary

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

Maybe even the 9th best team

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't get the comments bout kesler shaking in his skates, the guy has one of the biggest compete levels in the NHL. He plays his game, and he literally always shows up for big games, maybe not on score sheet but you def notice him in game. I think he is one of the more feared players from a Canadian standpoint

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa

And then Canada won 1-0....so devastating...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ahhh the joys of mixed team GDT's :facepalm:

That was fun hockey to watch and it will be interesting to see the next game. Very healthy level of dislike from both sides and that makes for interesting hockey especially for September.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad