PGT: Exhibition • Canada 5 USA 2 • 9/10/16 •

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I love Buff but would never take him in a preseason tournament. He doesn't get into top shape until November each year

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
really strong game from Tavares.

Canada looked like the less tired team.

Not surprised that Oshie tussled with Weber. He is basically Marchand but with a baby face and smaller nose.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Kesler definitely left this game with his tail tucked between his legs. I think he got nervous when he realized it was Tavares and Thornton running him because if those two usually softer players are paying special attention to him, he knows what the big boys like Weber and Burns could do to him in the right situation..

Lol I'm sure he was shaking in his skates

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
What I thought: Crawford should start, he was confident and Price just needs more rest imo. Interesting gamble by Babcock to field the team without Crosby, paid off well. Tavares was awesome. Weber was trash in the first and average the rest of the way, I sure hope he's only going through the motions.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What I thought: Crawford should start, he was confident and Price just needs more rest imo. Interesting gamble by Babcock to field the team without Crosby, paid off well. Tavares was awesome. Weber was trash in the first and average the rest of the way, I sure hope he's only going through the motions.

Price had 9 months of rest, and youre telling me he needs more?
What game did you watch? Except for that time when he lost the puck and it ended up to a goal, Weber had a pretty good game. Thats why he was the most used player today, 2 min more than the second most used.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Price had 9 months of rest, and youre telling me he needs more?
What game did you watch? Except for that time when he lost the puck and it ended up to a goal, Weber had a pretty good game. Thats why he was the most used player today, 2 min more than the second most used.

I counted at least 5 turnovers/terrible passes in the first. Watch it again. Yes he had a couple bodychecks but I wasn't impressed overall.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Toews, Stamkos and Tavares on a line together is cheat mode. Its ridiculous to watch.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
This was fun to watch and congrats to Canada. I can't wait to see what the intensity will be like next time!

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
They are good enough to win this tournament, even with it being rigged in Canada's favor like it is, so don't kid yourself.

The Americans are good enough and have the talent so really upsets are possible. However this whole refs tirade is growing a little tiresome and you need to put it to rest.. :sarcasm:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This was fun to watch and congrats to Canada. I can't wait to see what the intensity will be like next time!

These two should advance from their group. Can't wait for the next time they play, the intensity when Canada and the USA play is always awesome.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
USA looks overmatched. They could really use Kessel, Gaudreau and Larkin.

Yea once the real tournament starts, USA doesn't have enough firepower to keep up with the likes of Canada and Russia.
Sweden's defense is also stacked just as Canada's is, and could pose a problem to the top teams in this tournament.

I think the two teams that are going to be in the Finals is Canada vs. Sweden.

Good game to Canada though, :cheers: I knew Canada was going to bring it after USA won the first game. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad