PGT: Exhibition • Canada 5 USA 2 • 9/10/16 •

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
We don't like to brag.
Canucks just felt things out last night.
USA showed all of their might in a meaningless game.
Canada countered.
See you next week.

Ah it is a meaningless game when Canada loses?
These are all meaningless. This whole tournament is just a way to charge more for preseason games. We will know where our priorities stand when the first major injury happens and we lose a guy on our actual team for half the real season.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Ah it is a meaningless game when Canada loses?
These are all meaningless. This whole tournament is just a way to charge more for preseason games. We will know where our priorities stand when the first major injury happens and we lose a guy on our actual team for half the real season.

This may be happening in preseason, but they are anything but preseason games. I have watched 2 exhibition games now that we're far more entertaining that anything that will happen in the NHL season. The NHL is here for nothing but entertainment, which this brings in spades. Let that sink in.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Babcock is just too good of a coach man.

Team Canada is going to dominate every team they face in shots again.

Drozko

May 24, 2016
Yes they will and yes it was.

Dirty teams get picked out by the refs. Nature of the beast. Big difference between running a guy and hitting a guy. Kesler Oshie Johnson are dirty and will be the Achilles heel of the US. They don't belong on that team.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
:laugh:

Right, cause it has everything to do with Babcock and nothing to do with the ridiculous talent on the roster.

People on this board ragged on how this Team Canada was assembled, just like they did at the 2014 Olympics.

Yet Babs has them playing like all time greats.

Last edited by a moderator:

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
People on this board ragged on how this Team Canada was assembled, just like they did at the 2014 Olympics.

Uhh no... there is several different variations of Team Canada you could pick, and they would still be the massive juggernauts. Randy Carlyle could coach this team to a gold medal with ease.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Are you kidding?

With the defensemen Canada has/had to choose from, the rest of the team is basically irrelevant. As is the coach, trainers, meal plan, and whether they use wooden sticks or not. And EVERYONE with a 50 or above IQ knew it.

They won't need Crosby or Toews or Stamkos, (or Keith) etc., they just need those top four d-men. They will win this "tournament" easily.

Kris Letang and P.K. Subban don't even get a phone call. :laugh:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Are you kidding?

With the defensemen Canada has/had to choose from, the rest of the team is basically irrelevant. As is the coach, trainers, meal plan, and whether they use wooden sticks or not. And EVERYONE with a 50 or above IQ knew it.

They won't need Crosby or Toews or Stamkos, (or Keith) etc., they just need those top four d-men. They will win this "tournament" easily.

Kris Letang and P.K. Subban don't even get a phone call. :laugh:

They won't win it easily, they may not even win it.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
It's funny reading the comments from Canada fans, after seeing their comments when the US beat Canada the other day.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It's funny reading the comments from Canada fans, after seeing their comments when the US beat Canada the other day.

There are a lot of Canadian posters. The confusing thing I find is the mention of two great teams all the time. There is one great team and then there is the u.s. Team. The u.s team can still win but when you have only one forward and possible one dman who would make team Canada you cannot be considered great. It is a team game so yes they can win and the games may be close but the talent difference is huge. This tourney is great very enjoyable, however it does not determine who is the best hockey country. That is already known.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
They won't win it easily, they may not even win it.

I am backing Team Canada, but there is no guarantee they will win at all. In an one game showdown- they could lose to a team like USA, since a hot goalie is all it takes. If it was a 7 game series- i would favour Canada. However- in a one game showdown, any team has a chance.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

It's funny the other way around too.

Lot's of bragging and then after game 2 they either blamed it on the ref or took off.

we can all point fingers at our rivals fans bad behavior.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I am backing Team Canada, but there is no guarantee they will win at all. In an one game showdown- they could lose to a team like USA, since a hot goalie is all it takes. If it was a 7 game series- i would favour Canada. However- in a one game showdown, any team has a chance.

Absolutely, I can only laugh at the posters who gift wrap this thing to Canada.

You would think they would know better.

They might win it but i can assure everyone it won't be easy.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I remember when the US were whipping all the bad teams in Sochi and everyone said USA>>>Canada :laugh:

There was even a poll here for the semi-final and most 70% of the voters said US would win. How times have changed. In this tournament, a strong argument can be made that the US are the 6th best team.

I told you so. Maybe even 7th best team after today's performance.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Babcock is just too good of a coach man.

Team Canada is going to dominate every team they face in shots again.

Really? Youre chalking this up to coaching? And not the full coaching staff full of Stanley Cup winning coaches, but just the one guy with the least recent cup?

Ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad