Blue Jays Discussion: Everything sucks except the all-star: Justin Smoak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Carlos Delgado and Alex Gonzalez, though to be fair to Gonzo he never was much of a hitter in the minors.

The Blue Jays also have not had a top 10 guy on a BA list since Travis Snider in 2009. And this is also probably a cautionary tale as to why you don't rush your top prospects (specifically one that strikes out 25-30% of the time).

Yeah people forget Moonraker was once one of the premier power hitting prospects in baseball. And then one day poof, the power was gone. Hard to say I would have moved him differently than they did, other than perhaps leaving him in Double-A for the full 2008. Didn't help back then that the Triple-A club was in Vegas either.

Brett Lawrie is a guy that I would have had made a stop in A+ on the way up, but by the time he had become Jays' property, he had already had his 600 PA's in Double-A.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If the plan for Osuna is a permanent role in the bullpen, then absolutely we should sell high right now. We all saw the returns on good-elite relievers in the past couple of years (Ken Giles lol). Target contending teams that are starving for bullpen help (Hi Washington..... so about Robles and/or Soto.....)

Forgetting any baseball implications, I'd be pretty disappointed in an organization that traded a young player who is in the middle of dealing with the off-field mental health/anxiety issues Osuna is going through right now.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
And Tellez was on his way to stardom until he crashed and burnt in Buffalo.

Less for you (which is obvious because its not a grandpa simpson quote or lyrics from the 70's) and moreso for the benefit of the thread:

Aaron Judge (23 years old @ Triple A): 260 PA - .224/.308/.373 (.317 wOBA / 98 wRC+ / .149 ISO) and a 28.7% K rate.

What's going on with Lawrie anyway?

At home making awesome Instagram videos. Seriously, go look at his instagram. Awesome ninja ish and everything.

Hunter Greene signs for 7.23m (Reds slot was 7.193m). Highest bonus in the bonus pool era.

Good for him. Seems like a wonderful young man, from what I've read.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Forgetting any baseball implications, I'd be pretty disappointed in an organization that traded a young player who is in the middle of dealing with the off-field mental health/anxiety issues Osuna is going through right now.

The most important deal in Blue Jay history was made because Pat Gillick knew that Tony Fernandez had off-field issues and didn't really want to play baseball anymore (e: because I can't actually source this on the internet but I know I've read it somewhere I'll expand - Fernandez had told Gillick that he had stopped enjoying baseball and was considering retirement to become a pastor in the Dominican).

Its a business.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Many thanks to Diamond Joe Quimby, Eyedea, The Nemesis and all the active posters for keeping us up to date and for every single move this team make

Have we given up on this season or is there still a hope for some miracle - I think the management is not so positive about this season

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Didn't look like Correa had a problem on the field with what Osuna did. With Officer McCann as their catcher you have to think someone is getting beaned. Would be incredibly stupid of the #1 team in baseball but baseball players are usually stupid.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Many thanks to Diamond Joe Quimby, Eyedea, The Nemesis and all the active posters for keeping us up to date and for every single move this team make

Have we given up on this season or is there still a hope for some miracle - I think the management is not so positive about this season

They don't need a miracle. They are 1 nice and long win streak away from getting back in it. Let's say they go 20-10 in the next 30 games and they are in the thick of it.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Wow, they just showed Correa showing up the **** out of some pitcher in the WBC with a bat flip that would put Bautista to shame lol. What a hypocrite.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
We don't get to watch the Futures Game on TV, do we? Sportsnet says it's carrying the HR derby, but I haven't seen anything about that game being on TV here (I know some people can get MLB Network, but I can't out west.)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Ryan Noda has multi hit games in 11 of his 13 starts at Bluefield. He's currently batting .509 and his wRC+ is north of 250. I think he's a little too advanced for the level.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Decent sample size too. What's the next level?

van city. I expect he will move up soon as college players are usually promoted quickly in the low minors.

there is a bit of a log jam at some positions in the lower minors so we might be seeing some promotions over the next month.

A promotion of Edward Olivares to Dunedin for example would likely create a ripple effect among Outfielders in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad