Evansville Lease Trouble

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I'm not saying it can't work, but I'm believing that they won't be against the decision to at least try, even though viable markets are few and far between.

I would prefer a return of New Mexico, but that's not gonna happen. If anything, going east or south is the most likely avenue teams might consider, especially as the AHL is transitioning out of its traditional East Coast stronghold with NHL clubs having more say in their farm teams.

One thing to consider - the WHL has pretty deep roots in the big PNW markets (Seattle, Portland, Tacoma, even the Tri-Cities area) and is pretty entrenched in the major junior product. I think the Midwest/Great Plains offers the best area for growth for those last 2 franchises and any moves. Most of the really viable West Coast markets are already in the AHL, WHL or ECHL (Fresno or San Francisco/Oakland - pending a viable building - might be an exception).

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Have you ever been to Bozeman? I have. There's lots for the outdoors man to love, but hockey isn't one of them. :lol:

No, I haven't. I was being sarcastic because I just had happened to watch the Big Bang episode where Sheldon moved to Bozeman. He called the residents Bozites. The Bozeman Bozites would be formidable in this league if they ever had a chance to form!

Scoutin1

May 9, 2011
No, I haven't. I was being sarcastic because I just had happened to watch the Big Bang episode where Sheldon moved to Bozeman. He called the residents Bozites. The Bozeman Bozites would be formidable in this league if they ever had a chance to form!

I loved that episode. "Hey fellow, Bozites!" Sheldon bailed as fast as any prospective wanna-be pro franchise. Montana is great for many things, but hockey isn't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad