Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I'm appalled by Kane's alleged behavior, but I might be more disappointed some of you liked Last Jedi. Worst Star wars of them all. I'd rather watch Ewoks Caravan of Courage*.

Regrettably I no longer have it on VHS, it had all these great McDonald's commercials:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'm appalled by Kane's alleged behavior, but I might be more disappointed some of you liked Last Jedi. Worst Star wars of them all. I'd rather watch Ewoks Caravan of Courage*.

Regrettably I no longer have it on VHS, it had all these great McDonald's commercials:

Heresy. The only sequel that's worse than any of the prequels is Rise of Skywalker. I would rather watch the Holiday Special. TLJ is a flawed gem.

Reactions: Cas

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Okay, but how is he subject to covid protocols when he isn't participating with the team? Is he using team facilities?
What even are the COVID protocols? Do you know if he is vaccinated?

I have a hard time believing it is for a recent incident. The entire core of the Wild (Spurgeon, Fiala, Brodin, Dumba, Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Hartman) were just at the Vikings game this past weekend sitting with regular fans unmasked.

Odd that he would need to follow protocols if he currently has no interaction with the team.

Reactions: Friday

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Don't even think about bringing him back at this point. From everything I've read recently this is the tightest knit this team has been in a while. Injecting him back into that locker room would be a disaster for team moral imo.

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
Don't even think about bringing him back at this point. From everything I've read recently this is the tightest knit this team has been in a while. Injecting him back into that locker room would be a disaster for team moral imo.

But you would also run the risk of replacing him with someone who isn't exactly what the team needs right now.

There are vets on the team that want to compete and Kane, unfortunately, is the piece that can provide that.

The Pacific is so weak that playoff spots are seriously up for grabs for any team.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I sense that someone is going to put this on a Jersey if they haven’t already.
upload_2021-9-29_9-4-35.png

No number allowed in the name field...

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
But you would also run the risk of replacing him with someone who isn't exactly what the team needs right now.

There are vets on the team that want to compete and Kane, unfortunately, is the piece that can provide that.

The Pacific is so weak that playoff spots are seriously up for grabs for any team.
I was under that mindset for a while, but I legitimately think that if the locker room is better off without Kane, it will offset any lack of production and/or be better off for this group long-term. There are wingers on the market who could fill the gap, like Kessel.

I'd rather have a group that wants to play and fight for each other than one that's just going through the motions but is somewhat better on paper.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009

Fair point. One of these un proven guys will have to step up in that case. I don't think its any coincidence there's talk about how tight the group is and Kanes absence. Personally, I'd rather have a bunch of guys who want to play together, struggle as they find their way, over a situation where we could potentially have resentment and a fracturing in the locker room. Us fighting for a playoff spot when in all reality, unless we're contenders, wouldnt make much sense in the long term. It makes more sense to have another painful season in which we let the young guys get experience, then go for a homerun prospect in the 2022 draft and compete for years to come.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I was under that mindset for a while, but I legitimately think that if the locker room is better off without Kane, it will offset any lack of production and/or be better off for this group long-term. There are wingers on the market who could fill the gap, like Kessel.

I'd rather have a group that wants to play and fight for each other than one that's just going through the motions but is somewhat better on paper.
I agree at this point but we may also be stuck with him at this point. I'd like to just keep him scratched but also I think you need to play him if he's an option. I kinda like the idea of just having him be a 4th liner if we have to have him in the lineup.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Flames fan here, just curious whether Sharks fans think Wilson might be willing to retain salary to be rid of Kane. He obviously needs a change of scenery, and he played too well last year to not at least inquire into his availability, and whether he could be had at a discount. Cheers.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I would retain up to $3 million (saves money on a buyout in two of three years, is only slightly more than the cheapest buyout year during the actual contract length, and of course avoids three further years of cap penalties), but I think the Sharks are really hoping for a suspension or league-imposed termination.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Flames fan here, just curious whether Sharks fans think Wilson might be willing to retain salary to be rid of Kane. He obviously needs a change of scenery, and he played too well last year to not at least inquire into his availability, and whether he could be had at a discount. Cheers.

History on retaining salary shows that those with term seem to max out around 1.5 million. I can't imagine the team going more than that in any situation. With Calgary, I'm thinking that they'd want to send Lucic back and so I'd expect it to be something like Kane with 1.5 mil retained for Lucic and a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia