Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Hill has a .916 save percentage albeit in limited games in the last two seasons on a vastly inferior Phoenix squad. Why are you so against the possibility that Hill may end up being good? Is it because you’d rather die on a hill than ever have to admit DW may have made a good trade?

He has a career .909 SV% in the NHL and AHL. The reason I won't admit Hill is good is because he has never been good so far in his pro hockey career.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He has a career .909 SV% in the NHL and AHL. The reason I won't admit Hill is good is because he has never been good so far in his pro hockey career.
Reread what I said. I said the last two seasons in limited work his GAA is .916, which is pretty much on par with his career minor league GAA of .914. No, you’re oddly ready to toss Hill to the curb because the notion of him possibly thriving clashes with your desire to see the team tank.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Looks to me like he’s not making a decision until he gets more info.
I mean the info he wants is basically the info that absolves him from making the decision. If there are any truths to the accusations, the league will suspend him before anything.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I mean the info he wants is basically the info that absolves him from making the decision. If there are any truths to the accusations, the league will suspend him before anything.
How would you really expect him to run an investigation into something like this? There's a reason the League handles this type of thing.

Reactions: Sandisfan

jarr92

May 7, 2013
If the Sharks lose Hertl because of cap issues and are stuck with Kane for several years I will be sad.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
What do you mean?
"he wants is basically the info that absolves him from making the decision"

He's not looking to be "absolved" from responsibility. He literally can't make an informed decision on this without an investigation and I just don't think individual franchise have the resources to gather that information. It's a league function. You make it sound like DW doesn't want to make the decision. I think he just wants to make the correct one. Frankly I don't know how they can investigate and come to enough of a conclusion to make the call to either terminate, suspend or let Kane return. Are they going to hold Kane out until this goes thru the courts? This was part of a divorce filing so it's not even a criminal accusation. It's mud slinging to try and win a divorce proceeding. Technically Kane could sue for libel (defamation of character?). I think that's what Depp is doing to Amber Heard.

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I can't imagine there are many organizations where at least some coworkers aren't pieces of shit in their private lives.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
"he wants is basically the info that absolves him from making the decision"

He's not looking to be "absolved" from responsibility. He literally can't make an informed decision on this without an investigation and I just don't think individual franchise have the resources to gather that information. It's a league function. You make it sound like DW doesn't want to make the decision. I think he just wants to make the correct one. Frankly I don't know how they can investigate and come to enough of a conclusion to make the call to either terminate, suspend or let Kane return. Are they going to hold Kane out until this goes thru the courts? This was part of a divorce filing so it's not even a criminal accusation. It's mud slinging to try and win a divorce proceeding. Technically Kane could sue for libel (defamation of character?). I think that's what Depp is doing to Amber Heard.
I believe he wants the league to suspend him to prevent him from having to decide what to do. He could always suspend him for personal conduct or the team could just decide they don’t want him around like what happens with Sean Avery. The correct decision will only be known in hindsight so DW is damned if he does/damned if he doesn’t. In terms of making an informed decision, he really only needs to know what aspect of his professional (or lack of) conduct is consistent to make one. That’s something he can get from asking his players/coaches. It doesn’t just have to be about the off ice issues.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
I believe he wants the league to suspend him to prevent him from having to decide what to do. He could always suspend him for personal conduct or the team could just decide they don’t want him around like what happens with Sean Avery. The correct decision will only be known in hindsight so DW is damned if he does/damned if he doesn’t. In terms of making an informed decision, he really only needs to know what aspect of his professional (or lack of) conduct is consistent to make one. That’s something he can get from asking his players/coaches. It doesn’t just have to be about the off ice issues.

100% agree that he wants the league to be the one to suspend him. It offers way too many upsides vs. the team suspending him. It would be foolish for the Sharks to suspend Kane at this point.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
There is no precedent for the NHL suspending a player over a civil case. It would be nice if it happened but I hope the Sharks aren't counting on that.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Doug Wilson, the master of saying everything but also nothing at all
from a fan perspective, given what we know so far i can tell you that whether or not you agree with it, all you can do is continue to monitor the situation and act accordingly. I can assure you we have our best people on it and we’ll give you an update as soon as one is available. Let me know if you have any questions.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
from a fan perspective, given what we know so far i can tell you that whether or not you agree with it, all you can do is continue to monitor the situation and act accordingly. I can assure you we have our best people on it and we’ll give you an update as soon as one is available. Let me know if you have any questions.

promote immediately

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
He can't suspend him on accusations though. Can't suspend him for not following the rules last season. NHLPA would immediately file a grievance and the Sharks would lose. From what I remember of Avery's situation there was evidence, it wasn't just an ex's accusation. Can't suspend him if players hate him either. Now if the coach says he's uncoachable and won't follow rules sure. Do you think he's already broken a team rule this season when he hasn't even been able to show up for camp? Look I wish there were an easy way out for the Sharks but there really isn't unless he's brought up on criminal charges. I just don't see how DW can make these decisions based on what's out there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad