Speculation: Evander Kane on his way out? Rift in the locker room? Source: Ryan Rishaug

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Pageau and Wahlstrom for Kane! Make it happen Lou!

Kane couldn't possibly complain playing with Barzal and Horvat . . . they'd salivate with him finishing their passes

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
People take this source seriously?

No, but it is Evander Kane he's a dick, we know he's a dick, he's been a dick for yeats.

This is pure speculation and shouldn't be taken seriously.

That said, Kane is not someone I want anywhere near a locker room.

You see that last line in your post? That's why It's taken seriously, there is a reason you don't want Kane.

Reactions: BenningHurtsMySoul

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Rob Brown, who serves as an Oilers analyst on 630CHED, is also a part of the Got Yer Back podcast with TSN’s Ryan Rishaug and former NHLer Jason Strudwick. The three had some great topics of discussion on an episode that aired Sunday, with the most interesting part being about Kane. According to Brown, some issues have been arising as of late.

“We’ve seen that Kane hasn’t been happy when he’s been on the third line,” Brown said. “He’s talked about it and he’s demonstrated it. I don’t think there’s chemistry between him and Leon [Draisaitl] right now. There was a very animated conversation two games ago between Kane and Leon on the bench. All of a sudden, next game they weren’t playing together.

“It’s funny, I listened to the postgame and [Kris] Knoblauch talked about some frustration and some negativity has creeped in. The team’s not playing as well, but it’s creeped in to their dressing room and into their bench. Because of the stress their under right now, there’s a lot more question marks today than there was three weeks ago. A lot more question marks with the Oilers.”

This is aggressively not surprising. I would be more surprised if there weren't eventual problems with him.

Is there a top 6 player in the league that's happy about getting third line minutes?

Reactions: WildWolfdog

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I don’t see it as an issue, the guy isn’t happy he was demoted to the third line. It would be more concerning if he wasn’t upset with being demoted, no?

I have heard nothing but good things about Kane here in Edmonton and I’m not an Oilers fan. I get his past reputation and that he can be a major Dick, but I think it’s just a tempest in a teapot. At least at the moment.

Reactions: Duke74 and iCanada

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Is there a top 6 player in the league that's been a bigger problem on every team he's ever played for?

But he hasn't been a problem? He stated in an interview he'd like to play more.

That's so far from a problem it's not even funny. If a guy doesn't believe in himself and want to have the puck on his stick and play more minutes... Do you even want him on your team?!

What a ridiculous non-issue.

Reactions: Duke74

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
But he hasn't been a problem? He stated in an interview he'd like to play more.

That's so far from a problem it's not even funny. If a guy doesn't believe in himself and want to have the puck on his stick and play more minutes... Do you even want him on your team?!

What a ridiculous non-issue.

Are you in the locker room?

Also, you are responding in regards to a single team. He has quite clearly been a significant problem with every other team he played for prior to the Oilers. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but it isn't exactly a stretch to believe he may be becoming a problem in the Oilers room as well.

Reactions: JKG33

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I hate Evander Kane as a person more than pretty much any Oiler fan.

This still comes across as such a nothing piece.

Yes, Evander Kane has voiced complaints when he’s on the 3rd line.

Kane and Draisaitl have heated discussion on bench? Since when is that a unique situation on any team?

Title becomes: Rift in Oilers dressing room and Kane on his way out?

The Oilers would probably be wise to move on from Kane because he’s a power forward showing signs of decline in his play and I wouldn’t for a second doubt if an actual source came out and said Kane has been a problem in the room due to the fact that he’s historically been a problem in a lot of places and is a :eek::eek::eek::eek:. But that isn’t what this is. This is two guys stirring stuff up on a podcast.

Reactions: bleedgreen

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The title in the OP is still wrong. It’s not coming from Ryan Rishaug. It’s coming from Rob Brown. He’s essentially the Oilers post game radio host. He’s not an insider or journalist.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Are you in the locker room?

Also, you are responding in regards to a single team. He has quite clearly been a significant problem with every other team he played for prior to the Oilers. Sorry if this hurts your feelings but it isn't exactly a stretch to believe he may be becoming a problem in the Oilers room as well.

Your taking gospel from a reporter that all the players hate for asking stupid gotcha questions and a color commentator without room access.

The entire article is clickbait off of those two filling time during their 3 hour weekly podcast when it's a slow news week with a comment from several months ago about how he wanted to play more. That's all he said - that he wanted to play more.

There's 20 guys in every locker room in the entire league that want to play more. And 3 in the press box. And another 20-30 in the minors.

Total non-issue.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Also, I'm not even sure if this is really news at this point. Weren't there reports that he was unhappy months ago with usage? Not exactly a new revelation and not even sure if this constitutes a move rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille