Speculation: Evander Kane on his way out? Rift in the locker room? Source: Ryan Rishaug

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Guess old dogs can't learn new tricks; if this is actually true he would of literally been chased out of every team he's been on.

• Wow
Reactions: MiddleEarth

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Evander Kane is like the Darryl Sutter of players...loved for 2 seasons, gets a LT extension in that time and then it goes to sh*t and costs the organization dearly to get rid of him.

Reactions: Double Dion

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Meh, even it's true, he's worth the headache. 30 goal, physical wingers who fight don't just grow on trees.. no chance he gets moved

Reactions: YP44

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Hmmmm, weird to link this to hockeywriters.

The actual source of this is Rob Brown and Ryan Richaud - 2 very reliable sources.

While it is a rumour/speculation this tracks consistently with Evander Kanes past.

Has been locker room poison in Winnipeg and San Jose - can’t speak for his stop in Buffalo.

Reactions: Vector

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
E71AlaRVkBAYMAZ.jpg:large

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Rob Brown, who serves as an Oilers analyst on 630CHED, is also a part of the Got Yer Back podcast with TSN’s Ryan Rishaug and former NHLer Jason Strudwick. The three had some great topics of discussion on an episode that aired Sunday, with the most interesting part being about Kane. According to Brown, some issues have been arising as of late.

“We’ve seen that Kane hasn’t been happy when he’s been on the third line,” Brown said. “He’s talked about it and he’s demonstrated it. I don’t think there’s chemistry between him and Leon [Draisaitl] right now. There was a very animated conversation two games ago between Kane and Leon on the bench. All of a sudden, next game they weren’t playing together.

“It’s funny, I listened to the postgame and [Kris] Knoblauch talked about some frustration and some negativity has creeped in. The team’s not playing as well, but it’s creeped in to their dressing room and into their bench. Because of the stress their under right now, there’s a lot more question marks today than there was three weeks ago. A lot more question marks with the Oilers.”

This is aggressively not surprising. I would be more surprised if there weren't eventual problems with him.

Reactions: Laus723

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
While I don't doubt this would be the case, it is a bad source. We will wait and see.

Edit: comes from Rob Brown, so maybe something, but once again, just wait and see. Has to be more than speculation for me to assume it's the case.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If this is an actual thing, I have my doubts, the Canes try for Kane again (they did before he signed in Edmonton) and become the most hated team in the league. 2 seasons is about all we need before we would get tired of him too but his contract would be up. He can play with Aho and svech on the top line

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad