Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Bear was a fifth round pick, not third. He’s already done quite well for himself considering his draft slot.

Word is that the Caps are looking to sign him now that’s he’s back healthy.
Doesn't matter. Still has the same size and skating issues that made him a 5th round pick. Caps can have him.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
1702254030143.png

Bouch bombs away!

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
he was clocked at 100mph a couple games ago but it wasnt a scoring shot. He can and has hit triple digits, not sure why he struggled to hit it so long this year. I bet he will start punching them right through the goalie at some point a la MacInnis et al

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
he was clocked at 100mph a couple games ago but it wasnt a scoring shot. He can and has hit triple digits, not sure why he struggled to hit it so long this year. I bet he will start punching them right through the goalie at some point a la MacInnis et al
Read those bolded words quickly and thought this was a discussion on speeding on the Henday with stationary photo radar gone.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
People love to rip on Bouch for his brain farts and sometimes lackadaisical defending, but when he's on that pairing is a joy to watch and hell to play against.
He's really good in tight spots, he gets the puck moving up ice with first pass. There is no such thing as a mistake free or perfect player. We should be very happy to have him, instead we hear griping every time he makes a mistake.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
PuckIQ's 23/24 numbers are finally out.

Bouchard/Ekholm are murdering elite competition so far.

View attachment 791225

Best in the league by a country mile.
I think at a certain point something needs to be asked about why Bouchard’s actual results are always lagging behind his expected results. He’s like the anti-Kris Russell. He’s obviously doing a tonne of stuff right, and across one season maybe you could attribute poor actual results compared to expected results as bad luck. But it’s his entire career now.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This contract (3.9m) is excellent value.

Great signing by Holland.
I disagree. I do agree that Holland did a great job squeezing Bouchard to accept a deal below 4, and the biggest squeeze was to insist on that 2nd year.

What I don't like is that when you squeeze a guy it comes back to haunt you. We had amazing cap hits on Nurse and Petry on their bridge deals too.

The best possible deal would have been an 8 year deal at much more cap hit and maybe don't piss away space on Campbell.

Reactions: Trafalgar Sadge Law

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I disagree. I do agree that Holland did a great job squeezing Bouchard to accept a deal below 4, and the biggest squeeze was to insist on that 2nd year.

What I don't like is that when you squeeze a guy it comes back to haunt you. We had amazing cap hits on Nurse and Petry on their bridge deals too.

The best possible deal would have been an 8 year deal at much more cap hit and maybe don't piss away space on Campbell.
Lol captain hindsight

Reactions: La Bamba

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Lol captain hindsight
Yes with the hindsight of the Nurse situation we should have planned better this time. I had this same opinion back then too, when this Bouchard contract was first signed, as did many others. Whenever you bridge a player for no reason other than performance it us a bad call. The fact that we were stapling Bouchard to Ekholm means we are inflating Bouchard even more.

The one hindsight aspect of that is the Campbell signing, but that wasn't what the post was about

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yes with the hindsight of the Nurse situation we should have planned better this time. I had this same opinion back then too, when this Bouchard contract was first signed, as did many others. Whenever you bridge a player for no reason other than performance it us a bad call. The fact that we were stapling Bouchard to Ekholm means we are inflating Bouchard even more.

The one hindsight aspect of that is the Campbell signing, but that wasn't what the post was about
How do you know Bouchard didn’t want to get bridged?

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

badi

Jan 21, 2008
We all know BOUTCH is and will be elite offensively
He just looks so much better in the defensive
Is it all the Coffey effect ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad