Value of: Evan Bouchard to Ott

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Bouchard brings the big point shot on the PP, but the Sens have Dmen in their system.

That’s not Bouchard’s true skill. He’s an elite breakout/transition passer and volume shooter at all strengths. His slapshot and wrister are hard and painful to block so folks tend to focus on that.

Oilers lost John Marino for 6th and it didn’t hurt our depth one ounce. Samarukov and Broberg are playing pro too and soon will need NHL time. Sens have some serious D depth also but further away (timeframe wise).

Reactions: dreamcomehere

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Bouchard is also expanson draft exempt, so unless you have a top line winger that is also exempt from the expansion draft it will be hard to get him out of Edm

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
To Ottawa: Bouchard, Neal, Koskinen

To Edmonton: 2021 2nd, SJ's 2021 2nd, Anisimov, Dzingel

Ottawa add Bouchard to their long term core without giving up any premium assets except cap space which they have in abundance

Edmonton clear just over 10 million in cap space next season, and pick up a couple of 2nd rd picks

We’re trying to win now. Don’t want futures.

As for the OP, hard pass.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Best for Ottawa to stand pat for now. We can't afford to take on a lot of cap. For one, Melynk won't want to pay, and two, we have a few kids who will be getting raises as soon as next season. We have cap space, but we simply can't use most of it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Zero interest in trading him. The Oilers have a ton of cap room in the off-season anyway.

We've waited ages for a home grown offensive right shot D to work with McDavid and Draisaitl, it would be stupid to ship a player like this off without letting him get his groove going.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

brenden

Jul 17, 2010
I know I would want Batherson for Bouchard myself. I know Ottawa wouldn’t do it but unless you give Edmonton a reason to trade a promising 20 yr old first rd pk.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Understand he would probably cost something we could not give up.
Just wondering what it would cost Ottawa, he would fit in perfect with our rebuild.

To Ott-Bouchard, Neal, Turris

To Edm- Dadonov or Brown or Paul

Just wondering if the cap space and a top 6 winger/center would move the needle
Lets talk Bouchard when you are ready to send Stuetzle where he truly belongs. Stuetzle-Drai-Kahun ;)

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Not for Dadonov. I think Oilers want cap space instead of a meh player.

So Neal + Kassian with Bouchard for Paul might just work if Oilers have a goalie target in mind.
I like Kassian and would not consider him a cap dump.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bouchard almost assuredly will not be traded, and if he is, it won’t be to dump Neal. It’ll be for something we need, like help on LW.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
This is a really bad trade for Edmonton. Neal can be bought out (and probably will be) so trading one of our best prospects, who is expansion exempt, makes no sense.

Senators want Bouchard? Make it worth the Oilers while.

Reactions: spaghtti

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers can just buy out the last two years of Neal's contract this summer, which only leaves them with a $2m penalty for four years. That isn't worth anything close to Bouchard's potential upside.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Bouchard is plain and simply unavailable unless you knock the Oilers socks off . There no need for Ottawa to offer up what it will take as they have their shard of D prospects coming . And For Oilers fans saying to re-sign Barrie and Larsson great Bouchard still stays and you move Bear

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Bouchard is plain and simply unavailable unless you knock the Oilers socks off . There no need for Ottawa to offer up what it will take as they have their shard of D prospects coming . And For Oilers fans saying to re-sign Barrie and Larsson great Bouchard still stays and you move Bear

I agree with those fans but only at a reasonable cap hit. If either player demands a ton of money and/or term let them test free agency. The Oilers depth on D means they can survive the loss of one or both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad