Music: Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Really boring "expert" vote between Sweden's 2012 re-release and Israel's generic tiktok twerk.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Yepyep Sweden the Eurovision Juggernaut easily wins it... They gonna tie Ireland for GOAT status now

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
jury killed Finland... .Finland was clear public nr1

Yeah well, the public vote was more for the meme-y goof factor of that performance, like Saxophone guy or that Ukrainian tin foil song from 15 years ago.

Not that I particularly like Loreen, but at least her song is a serious attempt to make something good.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Yeah well, the public vote was more for the meme-y goof factor of that performance, like Saxophone guy or that Ukrainian tin foil song from 15 years ago.

Not that I particularly like Loreen, but at least her song is a serious attempt to make something good.
Except the epic sax guy got more jury votes than from the public. Tin foil likewise more jury votes than the actual winner.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not as strong a year as the past couple. Loreen has an incredible voice but the songcraft didnt quite match up to it. Some personal faves were Finland, Belgium, Poland due to the strong hooks.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

Käärijä's song was not a joke entry. Yeah probably some people voted for him 'cos he's funny looking but the song is catchy and Käärijä is a great performer. People around the World were singing along. You don't get that kind of reaction for just being a meme.

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
jury killed Finland... .Finland was clear public nr1

I mean everyone knew the rules before going in to the competetion. The jury is there for a valid reason. To be fair though in Finland's case they did get a little robbed as they are not a country that forces the Eurovision to have a jury in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad