Europa League 2017/2018

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Besiktas fans bought tickets individually and thus were everywhere in the stadium. They caused riots and attacked the Lyon fans, who came onto the ground for 10 minutes before the game started.
Both teams came equal punishment.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Everton on their way out of the EL with two games to spare...

Only surprises so far are Sheriff Tiraspol beating Lokomotiv in Russia and Austria Wien hammering Rijeka 4:1 (Rijeka are playing with 10 men though)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Only surprises so far are Sheriff Tiraspol beating Lokomotiv in Russia and Austria Wien hammering Rijeka 4:1 (Rijeka are playing with 10 men though)

Would've thought Milan would be able to handle AEK Athens too...

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Watched a bit of that game and it was a total snoozefest, typical Greek defensive performance. Milan are struggling massively this season, had they not had that final seconds winner over Rijeka they might struggle to get out of their EL group which is they only realistic chance for CL football next season

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This guy is such a Pejorative Slur.
But from what I've heard it was on an OM fan. At least he targeted the right guys :D

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
A: Villarreal beat Slavia in Prague while Astana got their first away win ever in a UEFA group match against Maccabi Tel-Aviv. Astana-Villarreal is a huge match of all things next MD while Slavia go to Israel

B: Dynamo Kiev win in Switzerland against Young Boys and confirm their passage into the R32 but still need one more result to win the group. Partizan beat Skenderbeu to take control of 2nd place. Partizan-Young Boys will likely fight for 2nd place, they play each other in Belgrade next MD and a Partizan win will be enough

C: Pair of draws, Hoffenheim will be most disappointed with a late goal conceded in Turkey against Istanbul Basaksehir. Ludogorets remain top of the group while Hoffenheim's result in Braga next MD will determine if they can compete for the knockout stage

D: AC Milan continue to struggle on both fronts as they drew a second straight match with AEK Athens. Rijeka were hammered at home by Austria Wien but remain in contention for 2nd place. AEK control their own destiny and can still finish top of the group too

E: Lyon end Everton's EL campaign with a 3:0 win at home while and catch up with Atalanta who were held to a draw in Cyprus. Lyon/Atalanta are both on 8 points at the top and they face each other on MD6, Lyon have the easier match on paper in MD5

F: One of the bigger shocks was Moldovan side Sheriff beating Lokomotiv Moscow in Russia while Copenhagen easily beat Zlin at home. Very tight group, Copenhagen and Sheriff joint top with 6 points and Loko on 5 points.

G: Steaua fail to secure their spot in the R32 already being held to a draw at home to Hapoel Beer Sheva while Plzen easily beat Lugano. Steaua still favorites to finish top

H: A youthful Arsenal side played a scoreless draw with Red Star, Arsenal were robbed with some penalty decisions but Red Star missed a one on one. Koln keep their slim hopes alive with a 5:2 win over BATE but they will need a result at home against Arsenal. Arsenal secure passage to the R32

I: Guimaraes beat Marseille in a match overshadowed by Evra's pregame antics kicking a fan. Salzburg held at home by Konyaspor. Another tight group with all four teams still in contention, Salzburg in the best position with a home game against Vitoria next, win and they are through

J: After much struggle in this group the two favorites won their home games, Bilbao beating Ostersunds and Hertha beating Zorya. Another tight group with the four teams separated by 3 points. Athletic-Hertha is a key match next MD as is Ostersunds-Zorya, much will be determined next MD

K: Lazio qualify as top of the group with two games to spare thanks to a late winner at home against Nice. Zulte pick up a big win away to Vitesse. 2nd place between Nice/Zulte and they play next MD in France

L: Zenit rescued a late point in Norway against Rosenborg while Sociedad easily beat group minnows Vardar. Zenit and Sociedad pretty much certain of going through but still the group winner needs to be decided, they meet on MD6 in Spain

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I might as well start reading this thread. :(

Evra needs to be banned for the rest of the season, absolutely can not kick a fan. What is it with these Ligue One teams in the Europa League that their players are fighting with the fans?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Which L1 player fought with the fans?
Are you refering to Everton fans trying to hit Lopes? :facepalm:

Anyway, as I said, Evra hit an own OM fan :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Which L1 player fought with the fans?
Are you refering to Everton fans trying to hit Lopes? :facepalm:

Anyway, as I said, Evra hit an own OM fan :laugh:

Yeah, Lyon. They were fighting that dumb Everton fan. He hit them first, but you still can't hit a fan. Need to show more self control.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Besiktas fans bought tickets individually and thus were everywhere in the stadium. They caused riots and attacked the Lyon fans, who came onto the ground for 10 minutes before the game started.
Both teams came equal punishment.
Are you surprised? Turks especially Super Lig Turks are freakin' hooligans.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, Lyon. They were fighting that dumb Everton fan. He hit them first, but you still can't hit a fan. Need to show more self control.

Huh? If I'm remembering it wrong then I apologise, but wasn't it Everton players fighting the fans??

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
As for Evra, I don't condone violence but I also don't have any tolerance for racist fans and if that was the reason for it, well...

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
As for Evra, I don't condone violence but I also don't have any tolerance for racist fans and if that was the reason for it, well...

From what I'm reading now they were saying he spends more time on social networks than on football. Still there's talk of this ending his career, which I think is a bit extreme. Security should be able to keep the fans and players apart, to some extent this is on them

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Erh what?
Lyon players didn't hit Everton fans.
Everton fans hit Lyon players.

I'm not saying it was justified or anything like that, but the Lyon players weren't innocent. One of them swung back at the fan (the swing missed) after the fan involved himself in the brawl between the two teams, and another Lyon player was flipping off the Everton fans.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You really need to comment on things you know about.
Look at the incident and then comment on it.
That's absolutely not how it happenned.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
1:00. I couldn't tell numbers, but a Lyon player takes a swing after an Everton fan took a swing at him or one of his teammates. It missed, but you can clearly tell that was his intention because the fan puts his arms up in a defensive action, as if he saw a swing coming towards him. I'm not even making a big deal about this, but two Ligue One clubs in the Europa League have now been involved with fan incidents. Is that wrong? Are the players completely innocent here and its just the fan's fault?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, you're wrong all around. There's absolutely nothing here to blame Lyon players.
Fans assaulted a Lyon player and in fact, the Everton fan was life-banned while no Lyon player went under investigation.
There was no swing except those from two Everton fans, including one who had the kid in his arm (and who blamed the stewards mind you).

As for the Evra incident, I need to remind you he went after a fan of his own team. Nothing to do with the european competitions. Could have happenned anywhere except that in Portugal apparently, they let fans go on the pitch to confront players.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Got nothing to do? Östersund needs help with snow removal for tonight's match.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
A tad embarassing from Arsenal.
Hahaha, Arsenal, are you kidding me? Köln didn't win a single game this season in the league, have two points and 4 goals scored in 12 games, dead last in the standings, of course.

I really feel happy for their coach, Stöger. I like that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad