Euro Draft

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
With Flint losing their 1st round pick does that mean that They go 3rd out of the OHl teams at 8th overall in chl import or hamilton?

Flints draft pick penalty has nothing to do with the CHL Import draft so everything will be done in normal order. It will rotate through the leagues in the order of WHL-OHL-QMJHL.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flints draft pick penalty has nothing to do with the CHL Import draft so everything will be done in normal order. It will rotate through the leagues in the order of WHL-OHL-QMJHL.

So that would give Flint the 9th overall pick (and 3rd pick for the OHL). Is this correct? Flint still has to figure out if Saarijärvi and Kantner will be coming back.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Saarijarvi has changed his Twitter account so it doesn't show anything Firebirds...Kantner told me wants to come back so we'll see

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
So that would give Flint the 9th overall pick (and 3rd pick for the OHL). Is this correct? Flint still has to figure out if Saarijärvi and Kantner will be coming back.

Flint would have 8th overall

1st kootenay
2nd Guelph
3rd QMJHL
4th Vancouver
5 Sudbury
6 QMJHL
7 Saskatoon
8 Flint
9 QMJHL
10 Swift Current
11 Hamilton
12 QMJHL

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Saarijarvi has changed his Twitter account so it doesn't show anything Firebirds...Kantner told me wants to come back so we'll see

Kantner told you that Kantner wants to return right? Not Kantner told you Saarijarvi wants to return I'm assuming. It kind of reads both ways but I'm guessing that's what the "..." is there for. I read a quote from Kantner saying he wanted to return. He showed little flashes of potential last year and it wouldn't break my heart to see him return. Being that it's the 8th pick though......that kinda needs to be utilized to its fullest. If Flint can get said player to report, they should be able to score a gem there. IF. As far as Vili goes, he's still small and struggled to contain OHL forwards frequently. His offensive production dropped quite a bit after Oct. A lot actually. He never made the line up in Grand Rapids and he had 3pts in 5 games in Toledo but he also went -3 in 5 games too. I don't think he's AHL ready at all. He might be fine and see progress in Toledo next year, but would that really the best place for his progression? I don't think so and hopefully neither does Detroit. It would be nice to have a little better info coming out on who plans to come to the CHL if drafted.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Kantner told you that Kantner wants to return right? Not Kantner told you Saarijarvi wants to return I'm assuming. It kind of reads both ways but I'm guessing that's what the "..." is there for. I read a quote from Kantner saying he wanted to return. He showed little flashes of potential last year and it wouldn't break my heart to see him return. Being that it's the 8th pick though......that kinda needs to be utilized to its fullest. If Flint can get said player to report, they should be able to score a gem there. IF. As far as Vili goes, he's still small and struggled to contain OHL forwards frequently. His offensive production dropped quite a bit after Oct. A lot actually. He never made the line up in Grand Rapids and he had 3pts in 5 games in Toledo but he also went -3 in 5 games too. I don't think he's AHL ready at all. He might be fine and see progress in Toledo next year, but would that really the best place for his progression? I don't think so and hopefully neither does Detroit. It would be nice to have a little better info coming out on who plans to come to the CHL if drafted.

Kantner told me that he himself wants to come back to Flint...even after everything went down....and for Vili...his best bet is to come back to Flint and play the minutes he did last year.Even n Toledo I don't see him getting as many minutes as he did in Flint.
Not sure how the rules go but unless they know neither will return not sure if they can pick. I remember the year Plymouth had both imports coming back and either had to pass or traded the first

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
If by the draft, Flint still does not know where Vili will play, but think Kantner will be back, do we still pick at 8th? What if Vili ends up reporting? Then do we not have Kantner back?

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
In order to use their 1st round import pick, Flint would have to release one of their current imports.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
In order to use their 1st round import pick, Flint would have to release one of their current imports.
Since a year will be up since the draft could they not trade their import players? Or is the rule "a year + a day?"

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
saarijarvi is not going back to flint he has better options and I dont think detroit has any confidence in the organization.... the city problems in flint also may play an impact in the decision as well.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
saarijarvi is not going back to flint he has better options and I dont think detroit has any confidence in the organization.... the city problems in flint also may play an impact in the decision as well.

If he plays the way he did the 2nd half of the season, I don't think I would want him back. We shall see what happens He started out like gang-busters, but became a liability.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015

Sure has had an impact on their top 2 picks signing on

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Damn good thing that Dave Branch isn't a moderator on this board since the post starter would be suspended/banned from this site for using the term "Euro"!......geesch!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

big papa

Apr 21, 2012
So basically 3 days after the NHL draft like usual, with CHL Personal usually going to see their players get drafted as well as to catch up with people they know plus to maybe be able to talk to a team that drafts one of their USADP players (Keller drafted by Windsor) or even current Euro players NHL teams have drafted to see if they would be willing to recommend the CHL (Ottawa with Lindberg to Oshawa). Would think that draft weekend holds alot of value as GM's can chat with players agents as well as other GM's for potential trades in the works

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Saarijarvi was traded by Flint to Missy today, so I'd expect to see them make a pick at #8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad