Prospect Info: Ethan Del Mastro, LD

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wow!, another insightful post from this clown, bashes 18 - 20 year old players and yet never offers any thoughtful reasoning for his opinions. Just the same old garbage spewed… bum, scrub, bust.

If you have nothing more to add then your usual unsupported criticism, no one can even remotely take your opinions seriously.

Nobody really takes his opinions seriously. That ended with his love for Dylan Strome, who should be playing hockey over in Europe somewhere.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Wow!, another insightful post from this clown, bashes 18 - 20 year old players and yet never offers any thoughtful reasoning for his opinions. Just the same old garbage spewed… bum, scrub, bust.

If you have nothing more to add then your usual unsupported criticism, no one can even remotely take your opinions seriously.
Not agreeing with anyone but as long as the picks are not traded nor under contract, they can be both crap and stars.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
One of the things delMastro is just excellent at is disrupting attacks IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE...getting the puck back and then transporting it nto the opps zone oftenleadibgvhis entry right up thevmiddle with puck control before dishing it off to his forwards who join hom in the transition attack...it both disrupts many opps offensive drives before tgey can get to the Mississauga zone and it leads to more offensive chances for his team once tge buck is back into thebopos zone.

None of the current Hawks dnen is any food at neutral zone stops causing turnovers or recovered loose pucks and then off that by themselves leading transition entries right up the middke or more time spent in the o-zone and spring chances resulting from that extra o-zone possession.

I repeat...none of the current Hawks dnen is any goidxat this aspect of being a top influencer of re'tilting the ice.

Del Mastro is not goibgvto be a Booby Orr endvtpbendcrush and score dman...but the more you stop attacksxagaibstvyou in the neutral zone and turn that stop into transition attack for yourcteM...thatvis evidence of a top quality d-man that changes the game in your favour...topped with being very good as well defending in his own zone plus producing assists on offense plus size,physicality,agility,skating,puck control...this is a terrific package to look forward to on a Hawks too pairing forc15+ years...

I think he jumps right to the Hawks and does not need any development in the AHL.

Extreme COMOETENCE and leads by example.

The ONLY thing he coukd improvevon is his shot... If he could do that you would have a totally flawless complete package.

His shot forca dman is I guess decent
..but not soecial ..If he had a Doug Wilson shot to go with everything else then he would be voting for best dman I thecMHL for years and tears.

So I do no expectt he will be a goal scoring dman lije Mkar us or lije Britt Burns used to put up in goals...But maybe hecwirksvon his shot next ...and if that ever turns soecial...look out!

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Finally, some grit and size instead of these timid little pipsqueaks they keep bringing up.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Del Mastro and Mississauga having a bad 1st oeriodctoday...down 3-0 already...Del Mastro on for all 3 goals GIbst ...Not necessarily hos felt...They are pkayong their back-up goalie...butcstillI am viewing the game and MississUga xleeo-waling...getting out-workrd by Niagara Whovseem to have loads of jump ..

Tge big guns for Niagara have not come out to play (so far) in 1stvpefiod.

I think this may be only the 3d time alk season Del Nastrobwas a -3 but still tomebi the great to chop that back down.

Itbis just thT Niagara has lots of energy so far and Mississauga not exerting much effort.

They were dominating for much of the season but seemed to have sksckrdvoffmuchbovervtgevoast dozen or so games in most cases.

Tgey have been cIght by Hamilton forc1stbpkacevin their Confefence .

I do not think their coach is pleased with their recent inconsistent play..

Maybe it is just the doldrums before the home stretch..Missisauga played more games than several teams so should be having more rest with less games to play than sone other teams with condensed schedule make-up games(dueto Covid postponements earlier....so they should be more rested the rest of tgeseason...still ...you have to show up andvoutvin the effort.bit they do not look sharp or competitive off thatc1stboeriod today.

Usually they smother and stifle opponents abd do not give much space...today they look tired even though they have a less compact schedule remaining than many other teams ...butvyou haveco put in the effort...not coast.

Final wasc 4-0 for Niagara over Mississauga...Del Mastro finished -3 ...
Probably one of his 3 worst games of the season to date...looked sluggish today..Hiscteam also pkayed sub-oar.. Maybe there is a flu bug goibg around? Watever.. they justcdod nit have any jump today ...gotbout-hustledxand out-competrdcon the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinbad

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Hard to tell how much offense a guy has when he only plays 7 games in a calendar year. There are going to be a lot of surprises from the 2021 draft. The scouting was so sporadic or non-existent on most of these guys.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Del Mastronhas not been as goidcdown the stretch of Feb.Mar. April as he was excellent and dominating in October November December and January
..but thecentire Misssissauga team which hardly lost in the first 4 months of the season did not pkay well in the Feb to now period...Their scoring and defending went downwards and they slipped from 1st in the OhL to just 4th in their own Eastern Division..
Because entire team offense sliooed from its very high 1st 4 month standard this impacted on Del Mastro not getting ss many points in these last few months...To the extent of the defending excellence skipping pretty hard for hom to cover for other teams?ates slacking but from my observation hisvown pkay also declined a bit from where it was so good right through to February..
I think they also used him a lot of minutes and maybe he just tired...playcwas less dynamic...defending more less sure ..

He liked ready for the NHL from thatcexcelkent start through to February...but recently doubtsxaboutcreadiness creeper into my mind...Maybechecwill need more time before the show than I had thought.

It could also be he has sone kind of nagging injury he is playing through...but the Dominant confident leader abd ice tilted I saw in the 1st 4 months has followed his team back down to Earth in terms of consistent cy in recent games since early February.

I get to watch OHL games on my Rogers cable Sports Park so I actualky see OHL players pkay games.

I still think Del Msstro is a very goidcprospect but I think he may have list some if hus confidence as his whoke team slipped in pkay from February down to the finish line here in April...Hopefully he and his Misssissauga team get back to the dominance tgey displayed in theirvpkay of thise 1st 4 months of this season when they were the class ofcthe league.

Then they suffocated offenses with giving g no space via their dogged checking...Then they scored goals in big bunches....but as Ivsaidctgeirvoffense declined from February on and theirvoersistant checking also slacked off.. Ut is lijea Tale of 2 different teams on the ice.. In February tgey list a bunch of low scoring games but then you coukd tell team confidence waned and more panic set in...so tgey did not pkay well in March and here we are now with season near ending and tgey are just I 4th place in their division...It was a big falk off tge cliff.

I am not blaming Del Mastdo alone for this ...but theircentirecteam pkayed very poorly in this period compared to its former very high standard. AND there goaltending also declined in efficiency.

I wish Del Mastro had held consistent domonancexall season but realky he could also not keeonuoto that incredibly high standard he set from October through January when I would say hexwas the best dman if not best pklayer in the OHL.

So I hoped they pull it back together for playoffs and tgat he again leads them to a goid playoff run.

However the team that has Rosen to real OHL Championship likely winner is Hamilton who after making some trades in early January and getting Mason McTavish to add to their potebt and veteran lineup realky is dominating the opposition since then..
So it will be tough for Mississauga to win their Conference letcslone win the OHL Final and get to the Memorial Cuo ...They looked like shoo-ins for that going into February but then the lisses started piling up.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Del Mastronhas not been as goidcdown the stretch of Feb.Mar. April as he was excellent and dominating in October November December and January
..but thecentire Misssissauga team which hardly lost in the first 4 months of the season did not pkay well in the Feb to now period...Their scoring and defending went downwards and they slipped from 1st in the OhL to just 4th in their own Eastern Division..
Because entire team offense sliooed from its very high 1st 4 month standard this impacted on Del Mastro not getting ss many points in these last few months...To the extent of the defending excellence skipping pretty hard for hom to cover for other teams?ates slacking but from my observation hisvown pkay also declined a bit from where it was so good right through to February..
I think they also used him a lot of minutes and maybe he just tired...playcwas less dynamic...defending more less sure ..

He liked ready for the NHL from thatcexcelkent start through to February...but recently doubtsxaboutcreadiness creeper into my mind...Maybechecwill need more time before the show than I had thought.

It could also be he has sone kind of nagging injury he is playing through...but the Dominant confident leader abd ice tilted I saw in the 1st 4 months has followed his team back down to Earth in terms of consistent cy in recent games since early February.

I get to watch OHL games on my Rogers cable Sports Park so I actualky see OHL players pkay games.

I still think Del Msstro is a very goidcprospect but I think he may have list some if hus confidence as his whoke team slipped in pkay from February down to the finish line here in April...Hopefully he and his Misssissauga team get back to the dominance tgey displayed in theirvpkay of thise 1st 4 months of this season when they were the class ofcthe league.

Then they suffocated offenses with giving g no space via their dogged checking...Then they scored goals in big bunches....but as Ivsaidctgeirvoffense declined from February on and theirvoersistant checking also slacked off.. Ut is lijea Tale of 2 different teams on the ice.. In February tgey list a bunch of low scoring games but then you coukd tell team confidence waned and more panic set in...so tgey did not pkay well in March and here we are now with season near ending and tgey are just I 4th place in their division...It was a big falk off tge cliff.

I am not blaming Del Mastdo alone for this ...but theircentirecteam pkayed very poorly in this period compared to its former very high standard. AND there goaltending also declined in efficiency.

I wish Del Mastro had held consistent domonancexall season but realky he could also not keeonuoto that incredibly high standard he set from October through January when I would say hexwas the best dman if not best pklayer in the OHL.

So I hoped they pull it back together for playoffs and tgat he again leads them to a goid playoff run.

However the team that has Rosen to real OHL Championship likely winner is Hamilton who after making some trades in early January and getting Mason McTavish to add to their potebt and veteran lineup realky is dominating the opposition since then..
So it will be tough for Mississauga to win their Conference letcslone win the OHL Final and get to the Memorial Cuo ...They looked like shoo-ins for that going into February but then the lisses started piling up.
Fiddy Translation follows:

Del Mastro has not been as good down the stretch of February and March. April he was as excellent and dominating as he was in October November December and January but the entire Misssissauga team which hardly lost in the first 4 months of the season did not play well from February to now. Their scoring and defending went downwards and they slipped from 1st in the OHL to just 4th in their own Eastern Division.

Because entire team offense slipped from its very high 1st 4 month standard this impacted on Del Mastro not getting as many points in these last few months. To the extent of the defending excellence skipping pretty hard for him to cover for other teammates slacking but from my observation his own play also declined a bit from where it was so good right through to February.

I think they also used him a lot of minutes and maybe he just tired. His play was less dynamic and was defending less sure.

He looked ready for the NHL from that excellent start through to February, but recently doubts about readiness creep into my mind. Maybe he will need more time before the show than I had thought.

It could also be he has some kind of nagging injury he is playing through, but the Dominant confident leader and ice tilted I saw in the 1st 4 months has followed his team back down to Earth in terms of consistency in recent games since early February.

I get to watch OHL games on my Rogers cable Sports Park so I actually see OHL players play games.

I still think Del Mastro is a very good prospect but I think he may have lost some of his confidence as his whole team slipped in play from February down to the finish line here in April. Hopefully he and his Misssissauga team get back to the dominance they displayed in their play of those 1st 4 months of this season when they were the class of the league.

Then they suffocated offenses with giving no space via their dogged checking. Then they scored goals in big bunches, but as I’ve said their offense declined from February on and their persistent checking also slacked off. It is like a Tale of 2 different teams on the ice. In February they list a bunch of low scoring games but then you could tell team confidence waned and more panic set in so they did not play well in March and here we are now with season near ending and they are just I 4th place in their division. It was a big fall off the cliff.

I am not blaming Del Mastro alone for this, but their entire team played very poorly in this period compared to its former very high standard and their goaltending also declined in efficiency.

I wish Del Mastro had held consistent dominance all season but really he could also not keep on up to that incredibly high standard he set from October through January when I would say he was the best d-man if not best player in the OHL.

So I hoped they pull it back together for playoffs and that he again leads them to a good playoff run.

However the team that has Rosen to real OHL Championship likely winner is Hamilton who after making some trades in early January and getting Mason McTavish to add to their pot and veteran lineup really is dominating the opposition since then. So it will be tough for Mississauga to win their Conference let alone win the OHL Final and get to the Memorial Cup. They looked like shoo-ins for that going into February but then the losses started piling up.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Better than expected, trending in the right direction.....need more of that in the system!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I like the fact all of Del Mastro, Kevin Korchinski, Colton Dach and formerly Nolan Allan(traded) were team captains this year...bodes well for the Hawks future

Think of
Duncan Keith
Brent Seabrook
Niklas Hjalmarsson
Corey Crawford
Dave Bolland
Dustin Byfuglien
Marcus Kruger
Bryan Bickell
Troy Brouwer
James Wisniewski
Cam Barker
and of course Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews

Our time will come again
Korchinski
Allan
Del Mastro
Drew Commesso
Samuel Savoie/Landon Slaggert
Dach/Michal Teply
Ryan Greene/Dominic James
Paul Ludwinski
Gavin Hayes
Wyatt Kaiser/Alex Vlasic
Sam Rinzel
Taige Harding/Louis Crevier
and more I can’t name...
and of course Frank Nazar and BEDARD/FANTILLI/MICHKOV/CARLSSON

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Unless something has changed since the WJC, his wheels are a concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad