Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear re-signed, $2.2M, 1yr

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So what does this signing do in terms of the Canes ability to buy-out Gardiner? (if he were deemed healthy). Probably a moot point as I don't think he'll be declared healthy

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
So what does this signing do in terms of the Canes ability to buy-out Gardiner? (if he were deemed healthy). Probably a moot point as I don't think he'll be declared healthy

From what I understand (as in learned just a few days ago) because Bear filed for arbitration, they still have access to a 48hr buyout window, even without the hearing. The window should open now.

Whether or not Gardiner is eligible for buyout I think is still in question

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Don't mind me, just grabbing a sipping drink and waiting for Borsig to see this thread
I mean if you want to pay him 2.2 to sit in the press box as a healthy scratch, do you.

He's hot garbage, and I have no idea why we even QO'd him. That money should have been spent on at least Necas. 2.2 could have got us closer to nino. We have a 750K defenseman who will produce probably the same as Bear. It's a waste, and it's worse than Martinook, and that's hard to do.

He also clearly doesn't want to be here. Why bother? It's a watse of 2.2 in cap space for a year after which he will be gone. Now where does space for Necas come unless Gardiner LTIRetires?

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
You really have to wonder if the writing was on the wall with this one. I don't understand how the canes value him at 2.2 when they couldn't get nino done and still don't have Necas done. I guess they expect him to have some sort of banner year because he will be a 26 year old UFA coming off a 1 year deal?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
From what I understand (as in learned just a few days ago) because Bear filed for arbitration, they still have access to a 48hr buyout window, even without the hearing. The window should open now.

Whether or not Gardiner is eligible for buyout I think is still in question
Lajoie's case is still pending, I think the 48 hour clock starts after the last case is resolved. That's August 9.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad