ESPN's look at some top prospects

Bring Back Krajicek*

lol, i love comparing espn's nba/nfl draft coverage to nhl draft coverage
nhl = one article that covers the top 10 or so prospects
nba/nfl = one article per prospect (MINIMUM)

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
stefan1406 said:

I wouldn't even call this an article. They gave us a 2-5 sentence blurb on the player and then copied and pasted a quote below it. Your average 10 year old could have 'written' this in under half an hour.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I like the quotes, I haven't seen many other places ask the prospects directly what they think their strengths and weaknesses are.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
stefan1406 said:

That's because a lot more people follow the NBA, NFL, and NCAA sports. There are going to be more articles on the NFL and NBA because those will bring more users to the website.

Bring Back Krajicek*

Hockeyfan02 said:
That's because a lot more people follow the NBA, NFL, and NCAA sports. There are going to be more articles on the NFL and NBA because those will bring more users to the website.
oh, i know
i just find comparing them funny

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
dafoomie said:
I like the quotes, I haven't seen many other places ask the prospects directly what they think their strengths and weaknesses are.

ESPN didn't ask those questions. they are from another source. i'm sure i've read them some where...possibly reading about when they cbc interviewed the prospects at the cup finals game in edmonton.

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site
superjonathan said:
ESPN didn't ask those questions. they are from another source. i'm sure i've read them some where...possibly reading about when they cbc interviewed the prospects at the cup finals game in edmonton.

Don Cherry interviewed those guys in game 5 of the final so a couple of days ago, he asked each of 5 prospects 4 or 5 questions (same for everyone). there were Toews,Brassard,Staal johnson and another one that i can't remember

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
This list further proves why ESPN is a terrible source for hockey. The writer even says that he put Staal there basically only because of his name. Not saying Staal doesn't belong, but maybe he should look into the prospects? Also he leaves out every european including Backstrom and puts Brassard on.

KH1

People shouldn't be so quick to attack ESPN. How far do you really expect them to stretch themselves for the NHL draft? They gave a fine rundown of the top prospects and the soundbites were a nice added touch.

It's certainly not a great article but I appreciate the fact that they wrote it in the first place!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad