• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
LOL

Tampa is obviously not a contender but they are battle tested and have dangerous weapons. The argument was I'd rather not face them over the likes of Detroit, Washington etc.

The Devils sucked but they beat us last season. Got exposed against Carolina. We can beat Carolina though. Using other matchups to prove your point is weird.
No, no, no, no, no. You're not moving the goal posts to "well they're just better than Washington."

You people were pissing yourselves afraid of Tampa and I'm ashamed of all of you. You know who you are.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Vancouver won't make it to the SCF. Little surprised that Dallas isn't there who I wouldn't count out yet and were at the top of my "i want no part of them" list.

I'll believe that Toronto will be an issue for us once they actually beat Boston.

I know Carolina has been the best team off the rush since the deadline but they played a bunch of f***wads and they've reverted to their true form vs. NYI. I fear them less than most might because they always forget how to score and I think that the Rangers are going to beat them up and they have zero push back on that end.
I certainly want no part of Dallas but they're running into the deathstar right now.

I hate most of the matchups for us in the West. It's approaching mid-2010's levels of being a better conference.

There are three good teams in the East and one of them is useless ass Carolina. I could see anybody but Nashville winning the Cup in the West.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
It was last year where he sucked. The year before he had 16 points in 20 games. Lets see what he does the remainder of the playoffs.
This might be the first time i have actually disagreed with one of your posts.

16 in 20 is not in any world trash for a defenseman. That’s a 65 point pace. That would be *checks notes* 92% of his regular season pace. Literally one 2 point game off. And when the whole team was getting caved the last 4 against TB, who was getting that?

Besides Lightning players I mean.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
No, no, no, no, no. You're not moving the goal posts to "well they're just better than Washington."

You people were pissing yourselves afraid of Tampa and I'm ashamed of all of you. You know who you are.
There's no goal post moving. That was the entire plot.

It's all hypothetical and worthless to speculate but it would have been a longer series imo Being called for 6 penalties a game wouldn't help

Reactions: Kords

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
The bottom of the West is so galactically bad, it makes the rest look better by comparison. Top heavy =/= better conference.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's no goal post moving. That was the entire plot.

It's all hypothetical and worthless to speculate but it would have been a longer series imo
That wasn't the plot. People wanted to lose to avoid Tampa. You're all cowards and I will remind you daily.

My only regret is that we didn't get to beat them in a short series.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This might be the first time i have actually disagreed with one of your posts.

16 in 20 is not in any world trash for a defenseman. That’s a 65 point pace. That would be *checks notes* 92% of his regular season pace. Literally one 2 point game off. And when the whole team was getting caved the last 4 against TB, who was getting that?

Besides Lightning players I mean.
It's not trash for any player in the playoffs but I was talking about Panarin.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Weren’t you saying you were more afraid of Philly?
The team that lost by a total of 28-9 against Montreal X2, Bluejackets and The Blackhawks (at home) lol when their season was on the line.

Reactions: Kords

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The bottom of the West is so galactically bad, it makes the rest look better by comparison. Top heavy =/= better conference.
The West definitely has the worst teams but the East barely has any good ones.

There are two teams in the East that I think have a realistic path to getting it done. Us and Florida. I wouldn't even trust Carolina.

Chicago and San Jose are gone.

Out of the teams left, 7 of the top 10 are in the West.

This is a good thing.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You were shitting on him after 2 games. Cmon man. Washington is focused on stopping him big time. Nobody is lighting up the scoreboard btw. The Rangers leading scorer has 2 goals. Fox has 1 assist. It's been that kind of series. I will reserve judgement after the playoffs are over.

Rangers have scored 11 goals in 3 games, thats pretty good production.

Panarin has been a part of 1 of those goals. For someone making 11.6, thats not nearly enough.

Thats less than -

Kreider
Zibanejad
Roslovic
Lafreniere
Trocheck
Vesey
Goodrow
Gustafsson

Tied for 9th in scoring is not acceptable. He's been outplayed by the likes of Kakko and Cuylle too who have yet to register a point.

If hes not going to show up for a series, this is the one for him to not show up in because they don't need him to beat the Caps but if he can't get it done here, theres no reason to believe that he can do much against teams that can actually defend. I'd be more optimistic if he were getting/setting up chances and getting goalied but he's just existed. One of his line mates is tied for the team lead in scoring and the other is at a ppg. He has no excuse.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022

People just randomly decided that because the Rangers lost to Tampa 10 years ago with entirely different players they have their number

Reactions: Machinehead

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
My caps fan friend is not feeling it. A text.

Attachments

• D4ACF131-641B-44DD-9F4A-E4C2EA002DFB.jpeg
    D4ACF131-641B-44DD-9F4A-E4C2EA002DFB.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

I've actually decided a new outlook for when people talk about how the Rangers are bad

It's actually that every NHL is a bad team, the Rangers are just less bad than like every other team

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've actually decided a new outlook for when people talk about how the Rangers are bad

It's actually that every NHL is a bad team, the Rangers are just less bad than like every other team
This isn't entirely inaccurate.

Even the bottom half of teams that made the playoffs are grossly unimpressive. It was a really top heavy league this year.

The last eight and on should be pretty entertaining.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Fine, play Chytil, sit the really tall guy who has been horrible the past two games.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills in people not realizing how good Chytil is.
what's our record with 'really tall guy' in the lineup?

Was not impressed with Wennbergs game tonight. I doubt he gets taken out but it'd be nice to see Chytil dip his toe in the pool

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If we sweep these goes, knowing the NHL, we're gonna have like a month and a half off (even though the matchup would be set).

I would let Chytil have the extra time off.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The West definitely has the worst teams but the East barely has any good ones.

There are two teams in the East that I think have a realistic path to getting it done. Us and Florida. I wouldn't even trust Carolina.

Chicago and San Jose are gone.

Out of the teams left, 7 of the top 10 are in the West.

This is a good thing.
Feels like the inverse of last year

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Rangers have scored 11 goals in 3 games, thats pretty good production.

Panarin has been a part of 1 of those goals. For someone making 11.6, thats not nearly enough.

Thats less than -

Kreider
Zibanejad
Roslovic
Lafreniere
Trocheck
Vesey
Goodrow
Gustafsson

Tied for 9th in scoring is not acceptable. He's been outplayed by the likes of Kakko and Cuylle too who have yet to register a point.

If hes not going to show up for a series, this is the one for him to not show up in because they don't need him to beat the Caps but if he can't get it done here, theres no reason to believe that he can do much against teams that can actually defend. I'd be more optimistic if he were getting/setting up chances and getting goalied but he's just existed. One of his line mates is tied for the team lead in scoring and the other is at a ppg. He has no excuse.
You are a hater. He has been engaged. He just hasn't produced yet. You couldn't wait to shit on the guy and all it took was 2 games. The Rangers top goal scorer has 2 goals. Trocheck 2, Goodrow 2, Kreider 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad