Dreger: Eriksson to Vancouver is highly likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Pretty sure the Sedin`s are the reason for that. Think they are pretty good friends and has played together for Sweden many times.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm happy if this comes true. But not if it's 6x6. I know that's what it costs to land guys these days. But that isn't the direction we should be going.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
If true, it's a bit much on the term, but he's a strong skater and is strong defensively, so shouldn't become an anchor.

Short term, it's a great addition.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
If true, it's a bit much on the term, but he's a strong skater and is strong defensively, so shouldn't become an anchor.

Short term, it's a great addition.

Agreed. As long as Benning doesn't sign any other big ticket FAs the $6m isn't a hindrance to the team with the salary coming off the books in the next few years with the only major raises going to Horvat, Hutton and possibly Markstrom and Baertschi.

Essentially it's the money sunk in Miller this year going forward when he comes off the books next season.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Eriksson is a great player and I will miss him on Boston. If he goes to Vancouver, he'll look great with the Sedins.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mikael Samuellson 2.0

Samuelson was a solid signing for Vancouver.
I'd be very happy if we end up with Eriksson. A solid two way player to help the kids. Even when his offence declines he'll still be a useful player.
Much better fit than Lucic at least for the Canucks.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
LouI is a solid player.. well worth a 6x6... I don't think he declines as steeply as most... great iq solid both ways and he will find a way to make an impact every game

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
The more Swedes the merrier! Ideally, the cap hit is just below $6M and the term is 5 rather than 6 years but that is not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad