Erik Karlsson (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
What's interesting about this is that it can be read two ways......
Yeah. I know.

But he really has nothing to gain by going to this game. Honestly. It's not like its his first time at the ASG. If anything, he should be protecting himself so that he can be as healthy as possible for Free Agency. I really think he is doing it for the organization and the fans.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Oh man, this is going to be pulling on our emotions for a long time.

Every time I see this thread updated my heart leaps to my throat.

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
I’m really enjoying watching Karlsson on the team and glad he’s playing in the ASG. Some of the plays he makes are unreal and he’s quickly becoming one of my favorite Sharks.

That said, I’ll be absolutely crushed if he leaves. I don’t know if those comments make me feel better or worse about the chances of him signing an extension.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
None of us here have any control whatsoever what he does come July 1. Let’s enjoy what he’s doing for us in the meantime. This team is flat out good enough to lift the silver clalice in June. If we do that, it will all be worth it no matter what he does.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
This team is flat out good enough to lift the silver clalice in June.

I'm not sure if they are.

At this point, I'm not worried that Karlsson and Burns won't deliver come the playoffs. But, the Sharks would need Jones in top form, and a preternatural playoff performance from one of Hertl, Pavelski, or Couture. That's what drove the 2016 run.

Reactions: FunkyPhin

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011

"I'm planning on leaving so even though I'm injured I'm gonna participate in the AS game so maybe the SJ fans will have the memory of me as an Allstar in a Shark uniform and hate me less"

After reading the article.

"If my wife wants to stay, we are staying, if not, I'm out and I'll give the sharks plenty of notice"

Someone remind his wife the Hoffmans are in Florida.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
"I'm planning on leaving so even though I'm injured I'm gonna participate in the AS game so maybe the SJ fans will have the memory of me as an Allstar in a Shark uniform and hate me less"

That is how I read it, too.

The full quote from this article seems a bit different:

“It’s in San Jose. It’s for this organization, this city, this community and this fan base, and I’m looking forward to that,” Karlsson said when asked why it was important for him to be a part of the event “I want to do my part for this weekend to give them back something.”

Karlsson also played in the 2012 All-Star Game when it was in Ottawa and he was in his third of what would be nine seasons with the Senators.

“This is my hometown now. This is where I play,” he said of comparing that experience to now. “I’m happy that I get a chance to play in another All-Star Game in the hometown. I’m looking forward to it a lot.

I'm not sure if they are.

At this point, I'm not worried that Karlsson and Burns won't deliver come the playoffs. But, the Sharks would need Jones in top form, and a preternatural playoff performance from one of Hertl, Pavelski, or Couture. That's what drove the 2016 run.

If the Sharks lose in the playoffs, it won't be because of Hertl, Burns, or Karlsson not doing enough. That I'm almost certain of.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If the Sharks lose in the playoffs, it won't be because of Hertl, Burns, or Karlsson not doing enough. That I'm almost certain of.

Right now, I'd say that if everyone on the team "plays to expectations" they are definitely contenders, but not favorites. If they can get a great performance out of Couture/Pavelski/Hertl/Jones, then they'd be favorites.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Assuming by the TDL, DW gets a feeling that EK65 is not going to re-sign, would you guys like him traded to re-coup some assets or still try to load up and go for it?

Obviously the majority of us want him re-signed but just trying to get a feel on what people prefer if he is not going to re-sign.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Assuming by the TDL, DW gets a feeling that EK65 is not going to re-sign, would you guys like him traded to re-coup some assets or still try to load up and go for it?

Obviously the majority of us want him re-signed but just trying to get a feel on what people prefer if he is not going to re-sign.
Keep him.
We can’t trade him to the east unless we want peanuts because of the Hoffman clause, so he’ll go to a contender in the west and we will have wasted this year because we’d have no chance against any good team if we subtract him and they add him

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
The full quote from this article seems a bit different:

“It’s in San Jose. It’s for this organization, this city, this community and this fan base, and I’m looking forward to that,” Karlsson said when asked why it was important for him to be a part of the event “I want to do my part for this weekend to give them back something.”

Karlsson also played in the 2012 All-Star Game when it was in Ottawa and he was in his third of what would be nine seasons with the Senators.

“This is my hometown now. This is where I play,” he said of comparing that experience to now. “I’m happy that I get a chance to play in another All-Star Game in the hometown. I’m looking forward to it a lot.

It might be because Kane is doing too much though. Guy takes the worst penalties sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad