Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I'd think that NYI could make something work at draft time with the two firsts they have for this year along with a good prospect or two and maybe a roster player like Pulock.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Very interesting that the Caps, Preds and Leafs were said to be in on Karlsson. And for the leafs, if they were looking to add a first rounder in theory to flip for Karlsson, would that have meant they would've dealt JVR this past week? Sets up for an interesting summer.
The fact that Nashville was in on Karlsson is hilarious. Next thing, the Penguins looking for another top 6 center.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Am I the only one thinking that every propose around is way less valuable than what is going to be EK's actual moving price if/when it happens? I mean Duchene was traded at the very maximum price which was kinda fortunate and lucky but EK is his playpositions gold standard. His price should be little less from extreme cause it's his contracts up soon

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I’d like to see him sign a 2yr deal at say 13m with a full NMC, basically tell Melynk to spend or he’ll hold him hostage. That would be about the very best situation as we have tons of cap

I don't see a guy coming up on 30 with a fairly major foot surgery taking a 2 year UFA deal, regardless of AAV

Karlsson is going for that retirement contract, not playing around to see if cheap Melnyk will spend some dollars to field a roster around him.

Reactions: Voight

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
Colorado has a piece that is uniquely valuable to Ottawa the 2019 1st round pick. After July 1st, if it is clear to Ottawa that Karlsson is not going to resign with them, but he could come to terms with the team that trades for him (like Turris) is when I expect this trade.

Would Ottawa fans do Karlsson and Ryan for Barrie, and Ottawa's 2019 1st and 3rd round picks?

Barrie signed for two years at 5.5M and they get their first back which allows them to do a proper rebuild. Moving Ryan gets rid of his contract and allows Ottawa to resign Duchene, Stone, and Hoffman. The Avs have cap room for Ryan and Karlsson at 12M/year.

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
This is the kind of deal that would work only if the Blues were able to come to terms with Karlsson before the trade.

Were that the case, the value is very good imo. Allows the Sens to remain somewhat competitive and facilitates a Karlsson move (if that truly is what needs to happen)

Yep that's what I was goin for

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
The value is not even close, EK is far better than AP and the difference between JS and MH does not make up that ground. EK is not having a great year however is still on pace for 63 points...AP has never sniffed that level of production.

You could make an argument that EK was one of, if not the best player in the world the back half of last season and during the Sens playoff run. His ankle was ****ed up and he did not have an opportunity to properly rehab over the summer, next year will be a lot different.

Clearly you value offensive production far more than defensive production. Pietrangelo is solid all around, so I'm not sure how the value isn't close? Id love to hear a counter because I dont really see them getting better value than this

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
A) if you've watched any sens game as of late you'd know that karlsson's foot is like 90 percent. He looks good. Helps that he's not stuck with Oduya for the whole game.

B) who said he plans on testing free agency ? He said he'll get fair value. Never said anything about testing the market. He'll never reach free agency ever.

Anyways, both teams say no.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
img_0168.jpg

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Do you really believe him? I'm positive he can't truly say what he feels or the fans will boo him out of the building for the rest of the season.
The fans have been on his side during this whole conflict. He won't get any boos regardless of what he says. Melnyk's reputation has changed quite a bit since the Heatley fiasco.

I genuinely believe Ottawa is his #1 choice if the team plans to contend. If not, nobody will blame him for not staying.

This ball is completely in Melnyk and Dorion's court, which means they will completely f*** it up.

Last edited:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Pretty fair trade. Makes less sense for the Blues because Karlsson is a year away from UFA, but Piets is only 2 years away himself and Karlsson, at his best, is the superior player/talent IMO. Question marks revolving around his ankle though.

It's not awful. There is some risk for the Blues, but more upside for them as well IMO.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
A) if you've watched any sens game as of late you'd know that karlsson's foot is like 90 percent. He looks good. Helps that he's not stuck with Oduya for the whole game.

B) who said he plans on testing free agency ? He said he'll get fair value. Never said anything about testing the market. He'll never reach free agency ever.

Anyways, both teams say no.
Yes oduyas garbage amd they arent deep on forward either. Plus bouchers system is not suited for his style. Ek would dominate on a team like tampa or toronto.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad