Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread II - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The longer this goes the better because usually by this point in july the big deals are done, the rosters are basically set.

This adds intrigue

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
He isn't a great defenseman. I could move Matthews into a D role and he would likely have similar results if not better

You can spin the word "defenseman" any way you want, he is a more impactful player than Doughty so I don't see why he shouldn't get paid just as much.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Many Ottawa fans will tell you that he isn't great defensively. I think Karlsson is really good. I just think he is overvalued. If Doughty is worth 11, he might be worth 9.5 to 10

You didn't answer all of my questions.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Your “easier ice time” argument doesn’t work as Karlsson has a 1.17 Berkshire difficulty index compared to 1.16 for Doughty, pretty close.

Also uh

65D673C0-ACA4-4F99-BC66-C1C886750E82.png

6D534A16-F8DA-4A07-BC48-7662655C3C55.png

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
My statement was that Doughty is the best defenseman in the league. He is used in all situations, not just to score

Lol Karlsson has played entire last 5 minutes of games when Ottawa has been up by one.

You have a fundamentally poor understanding of hockey.

Would you take Toews over Crosby as well?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You didn't answer all of my questions.
ok
You have played a bit of D, so you'd know who the good defensemen are. However, you are a massive Leafs homer with an anti-Karlsson agenda. Why do you choose this path in life? Do you look like your Wendell avatar all the time, just more red-faced?
Answer to first and second question:
This is not thread that talks about how much of a god Karlsson is. If people say he is the best dman in the league, I have a right to disagree. This isn't a path in life. it is an opinion that I have used stats to back up. People are entitled to their opinion but they don't show any evidence
Answer to second question: I really don't want to respond to personal attacks. perhaps you should :faq:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
ok

Answer to first and second question:
This is not thread that talks about how much of a god Karlsson is. If people say he is the best dman in the league, I have a right to disagree. This isn't a path in life. it is an opinion that I have used stats to back up. People are entitled to their opinion but they don't show any evidence
Answer to second question: I really don't want to respond to personal attacks. perhaps you should :faq:

Look... we would accept it if you stated your opinion and moved on but you keep at it, clearly with an agenda.

Reactions: Master P

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Lol Karlsson has played entire last 5 minutes of games when Ottawa has been up by one.

You have a fundamentally poor understanding of hockey.

Would you take Toews over Crosby as well?
Are you asking for a breakdown of these guys now? FYI, I know a lot of people who would choose Doughty over Karlsson. I am not sure why this is controversial. Karlsson wants Doughty money and I don't think he is worth it

Reactions: shortfuze

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Look... we would accept it if you stated your opinion and moved on but you keep at it, clearly with an agenda.

I feel ya. It's so annoying when people state their opinion and then stick around to defend it when challenged. Don't they know this is a discussion forum?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Tampa getting karlsson would be pretty good. We know he cant play defense. To be called a defenceman you should be able to play atleast somewhat decently defensively. Karlsson legit makes me cringe. Go for it Tampa!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Tampa getting karlsson would be pretty good. We know he cant play defense. To be called a defenceman you should be able to play atleast somewhat decently defensively. Karlsson legit makes me cringe. Go for it Tampa!

Lol
Ya 2 Norris trophies, twice runner up, heard some stat during conference final he was on the ice for only 1 or 2 goals in first 2 rounds.
How many Norris trophies do your Leafs have, or have in their history,
Leafs have zero Norris trophies in over 100 years,, couldn’t even get one when there were 6 teams, should of gotten about 2 per decade with 6 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad