Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Some how the Leafs have to find a way to get this guy.

I am not a fan of either team, but Karlsson to the Lightning negates Travares to the Leafs in my opinion.

Defense always beats offense.

jimdawg47

Oct 31, 2011
Tampa Bay has backed off. The deal is not completely dead. There is to many moving parts that are slowing the process.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Wouldn't it also make sense to split them up though so they could play 45-55 minutes a night combined?

Would think they’d only be paired up on PP and in crunch time. Spread the wealth around. But good god both of them on the ice on the power play would be a nightmare.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Frankly doubtful. Assuming Stralman isn't part of the deal, I would guess it's Hedman-Stralman, McDonagh-Karlsson. The crazy thing is either pair in isolation is in the discussion for best pairing in the league.

I could see one of them pairing with Dotchin, if only because...

McDonagh-Karlsson
Hedman-Dotchin
Stralman-Koekkoek

gives you three pairings that can really push your play.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Frankly doubtful. Assuming Stralman isn't part of the deal, I would guess it's Hedman-Stralman, McDonagh-Karlsson. The crazy thing is either pair in isolation is in the discussion for best pairing in the league.

IMO

1. McDonagh-Karlsson
2. Josi-Subban
3. Hedman-Stralman

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Karlsson >> Neidermayer
Hedman ~ Pronger
Hedman > MacInnis

That's how I'd score it.
I'd give Pronger a *slight* edge over Hedman right now, but Hedman is right in the middle of his prime so I expect him to pull away. Karlsson is what everyone pretends Niedermayer is.

Reactions: Fro

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I could see one of them pairing with Dotchin, if only because...

McDonagh-Karlsson
Hedman-Dotchin
Stralman-Koekkoek

gives you three pairings that can really push your play.

No thanks. Give our top four 25 minutes each and let the bottom 2 fight for the last single digit minutes.

BTW Erik Erlendsson is on the radio now. I'll update any new information

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I really REALLY hope this is a joke
I'm pretty well on record saying that Pronger is insanely overrated on here. One Norris and two other times finishing third. It's not like he was second behind Lidstrom every year - most years he wasn't in the discussion.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
The two most overrated players on HF boards? Yeah, definitely them. :sarcasm:

Karlsson >>> Nieds
Pronger <= Hedman
Karlsson is not >>> than Scott Niedermayer. Total stat watching. Have you seen Scott Niedermayer play? He did so much more than put up points, and most importantly won wherever he went. Hedman also has a ways to go before he is better than Pronger. Pronger is a HHOF player, Hedman is not there yet.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Erlendsson basically reiterating what he said last night. Talking about the premature report from last night. Erlendsson said he feels like it's going to happen it just hasn't happened yet.

Now he's talking about how there is smoke that Karlsson WILL NOT sign an extension with anyone but the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad